Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral and £25 Reward Cards

FIXED
glocal
Rising Star

Referral and £25 Reward Cards

I referred a friend and he was told that I should call Customer Service to confirm the referral before my monthly discount was applied. This is the first time I am asked to do that for a referral. Also, my friend mentioned the £25 Reward Card each that your recent email promised, but your advisor said they didn't know about it. I appreciate that the connection won't happen before 21 July, so the referrals may be updated later. Can you please check. Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Referral and £25 Reward Cards

Hi @glocal

Thanks for getting in touch.

You shouldn't need to contact us regarding referrals - if they have been added successfully by the referee we'll discount you once the first invoice has cleared on that account. Please let us know if this doesn't happen.

In terms of the reward card, could you provide more information on this as its not an offer I'm currently familiar with?

Best wishes,

Dave

glocal
Rising Star

Thanks, Dave. The subject of the email I received is: Refer a friend and now you both get a £25 Reward Card.

The relevant text says:

Username: glocal
Great news Michael

As you’ve referred friends to Plusnet before, you’re probably used to great value broadband and award-winning customer service. But wouldn’t it be nice to share the love more?

Well, we’ve got good news. On top of the discount you’re already getting, we’re now offering you a whopping £25 Reward Card for each friend you refer (up to a maximum of five friends). Plus, they get a £25 Reward Card just for signing up. Quick – spread the word!
Raring to go?
It’s still just as easy to get started.
•      Give your friends and family a ring or hit Forward above before 10th August 2018.
•      They can take up great value deals by visiting www.plus.net or calling 0808 100 1867 and quoting your username, glocal, so we know you referred them.
•      We’ll email you once they’ve activated their contract and everything’s in order so that you can claim your Reward Card.
•      Sit back and enjoy your Reward Card and money off your bill.

I can provide the details of the friend, but he should show as a pending referral.

Thanks.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Fix

Hi Michael,.

Thanks for providing that information.

Having double-checked this it appears to be a new referrals promotion which started at the end of June. Everything that you've pasted from the email is 100% correct and you'll receive the referral reward card (as will your friend) once the first invoice has been paid on the referees account assuming all the other criteria have been met.

Best wishes,

Dave

glocal
Rising Star

Several months later my friend is still not added to my referrals and neither of us received the £25 reward card. Can you please help.

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi @glocal

Sorry that this still hasn't appeared on your account for you. What you will need to do is ask your friend to get in touch with us, and advise that you was the one that referred them. They can do this either through the forums, over the phone or even via social media by contacting us on Twitter or Facebook.

Once they have got in touch, we will be able to sort this out for you.

glocal
Rising Star

My friend got in touch with CS and then on 14 October I received an email from Plusnet saying a question was opened and that the referral credit was added. Several weeks later the referral is not listed in my account, the billed amount remains unchanged, and there is no mention of the £25 reward or that the referral will be backdated to the date my friend first subscribed. 

I wouldn't mind if I could just forget about this knowing that it will be sorted out eventually but I am not very confident this is the case. Your email says I can add information to the question, when there is no such option. I have been trying to contact Plusnet and I can't find a way to raise a ticket, chat is always unavailable, and there is no email address. There is the option to call but we all know life is too short.

If PN can't resolve this, reassuring me that the referral was backdated and applied, and that the £25 bonus is paid into my account, can I please have an email or postal address I could use?

I have been with Plusnet for many years but the idea that customers have to waste hours of their time to save your customers service a few minutes is incredibly frustrating.  

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

The Plusnet postal address is listed at the following page https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/?_ga=2.210220754.635671175.1534497969-13...

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
glocal
Rising Star

Ludicrous really that I may have to send a letter to my ISP to get through to someone, but with many modern companies it turns out that for the customer it may be the most efficient method after all. Thanks for the pointer.