Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral Values with BBYW

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Referral Values with BBYW

It seems to me that the customers who have referred customers in the past and who are now changing to BBYW are losing out big time with referral values halving. Hardly fair that customers should lose out after bringing the customers to PlusNet in the first place.
Also I think placing banner adds on your web pages are a waste of time as I've never had one referral from all the people who have clicked on the adds.
3 REPLIES 3
Mark
Grafter

Re: Referral Values with BBYW

Hi George.
It's all down to the level of margin per product. The vaules which used to exist when we had the Premier product set are no longer valid. Would you rather we keep the price down or inflate to increase referral monthly payments?
As for banner adds. We have referrers with thousands of sign ups via banner adds and it is the second most popular method of referring. I suppose its down to the pupularit of the site they are displayed on and the type of person hitting that site.
A waste of time they may be from your perspective, but for many others it's a viable method of referring.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

The point I'm making is, you referr a customer and you are awarded 50p per month for that referral then PlusNet start pushing another product and the customers lose 50% of their referral values. Does not seem fair to me.
James
Grafter

Hi George,
I do appreciate that pre-BBYW, referrals were offered in 50p credits, rather than the 25p ones that you'll currently receive under Broadband Your Way.  As Mark has touched on, the profit margins for Broadband Your Way are tighter, meaninig that the majoirty of our customers are getting better value for money than they were previously. This is even more the case now that we have increased the usage allowance on Options 2 and 3.
I'd also point out the before we released Broadband Your Way, we had not previously offered Referral Bounties (which I appreciate we have now stopped doing).  So, you could have earned considerably more (and some have, ask "Foxy"!) than you would have done under our Legacy products.  I appreciate it's a bit of a case of swings and roundabouts, but depending on when your referrals were made, you could be considerably better off in your back pocket than you would have been.
It's also worth bearing in mind that you are not losing your referral values on the older packages.  If you referrals remain on the older packages, you will continue to gain the referral credits that you always will have done.