cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral Discounts - Reason for NOT applying...

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Referral Discounts - Reason for NOT applying...

Hi wheel_nut
1) The referrals can only discount what we actually charge for broadband, so if you have discounts on your account this reduces the amount we actually charge. So we can only credit the amount of referrals that match up to your subscription payment _after_ the discounts have already been applied.
2) The system was designed to apply referrals against the broadband and not against the home phone, so as it's working as designed there isn't an issue there to resolve.
3) Depends how many referrals you have - if it's less than your broadband subscription payment after the discounts have been applied then yes, all the accrued amount will be applied. If it's more then we'll discount the full broadband subscription but the rest will continue to accrue until either a) it can be discounted in full against a subscription payment or b) the accrued amount reaches £5 at which point we'll send you a cheque or BACS payment.
Hope that explains things,
pierre_pierre
Grafter

not 100%, the new advert e-mail suggest you can get £0.50 per referral and if you have  three
Friends signed up   Free months
1 = 3
2 = 6
3 = 12
12 months free
then this
Extra = 50p a month
Pro = 50p a month
We'll store these credits up, so you'll get them when your free months have been used.
so you will earn 12*£1.50 = £18 and you wont get that for a year,
I am on value so I wont get that for another couple of months by which time I would have earned another £3 at least, why dont you pay the £5 each time it accrues
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's a fair point pierre, but that's due to the terms of the offer itself which supersede the usual referral rules.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: Matt
2) The system was designed to apply referrals against the broadband and not against the home phone, so as it's working as designed there isn't an issue there to resolve.

I've an outstanding question with Master Wood down in development about how hard that is to change.  Feel free to prod him tomorrow.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Kelly and Matt,
I have the view that since Referral Discounts are earned from BOTH Home Phone AND Broadband, the discounts earned should be applied to charges for BOTH Services.
I cannot imagine any rational argument for not doing this.