cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral Discounts - Reason for NOT applying...

Wheel_nut
Grafter

Referral Discounts - Reason for NOT applying...

Rather than hi-jack the other threads on this subjects, I am opening this thread in the hope that the issues will get resolved.
After getting all sorts of flak explaining why my Referral Discounts are not being applied, ranging from suggestions og timing to the ridiculous suggestion that my referrals had not paid their bills. it now appears that:
1) Referral discounts can only be applied to the BROADBAND element of my bill, net of any retention discount. WHY?
2) Referral credits from Home Phone Referrals are NOT being applied to the Home Phone Element of my bill. WHY NOT?
3) Although my Referral Credit has now reached £5-77 but is NOT being paid to my DD Bank Account. Why Not?
Can we have some consistent answers please. The Ticket(s) #38564794 and #38921102 I raised has had three different reasons given by three different agents and that route is only serving to cause me further annoyance.
19 REPLIES 19
Chrism2
Grafter

Re: Referral Discounts - Reason for NOT applying...

I seem to be in a very similar boat to you, Wheel_nut; albeit possibly on a greater scale. Not that that should matter. I don't want to hijack your thread, merely add to your voice. At any rate, I agree with your sentiments.
I too discovered only this week that apparently referral discounts can be applied to the broadband element. This makes no sense, PlusNet. I currently have 100% discounted broadband due to the Free broadband offer you have for referrals. This means that when my free broadband was applied back in November, my referrals (which accumulate currently at roughly £14/15 per month) stopped being deducted from the total bill. I'm currently due over £50 in backdated payments. While this is not a kings ransom, it still represents almost two months full service charges.
I have two credit notes raised on the 12th of January. (£47.81) and (£5.00) which have not been paid to me. The clueless CSR I spoke to today not only began waffling about credits applied to my account in December (due to another **** up) and then realised the whole thing was a massive clusterflock and dropped it like a hot spud, promising a call back this evening as he did so. He must of swanned off for a pint, 'cause I've not heard squat from PlusNet tonight.
Speaking of said December credit - that appeared in my account within two days of your posting it to the transactions section - so I know posting credits is not a lengthy process - but I also know that showing a value as a credit under "my transactions" does not mean accounts have posted the bank transfer.
Annoyed.

Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Just a me too post.
Mine is just a simple broadband account with a handful of referrals but they can't even get that right for the past 6 months... and trying to get what I am due rather than fobbed off with lies about it being fixed by my next billing date is not how it should work!  Angry
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Off the top of my head and in the order which makes sense.  This might not be 100% as I've not been that close to the referrals system for a bit.
> 2) Referral credits from Home Phone Referrals are NOT being applied to the Home Phone Element of my bill. WHY NOT?
We changed the system late last year so that a discount raised for Broadband would be taken against broadband, and a discount for home phone would be taken against home phone.  We did this so that if you get 3 months free broadband, but your broadband doesn't activate for a few months after your phone, your "free" periods of BB aren't consumed by the first few months of phone charges.  This was confusing people and generating quite a few calls at the time.
> 1) Referral discounts can only be applied to the BROADBAND element of my bill, net of any retention discount. WHY?
This will be because the referrals system pre dates the home phone changes significantly.    This has never been a problem though until we changed the above.    I suspect BusyBees has been suffering from this on a similar thread.
3) Although my Referral Credit has now reached £5-77 but is NOT being paid to my DD Bank Account. Why Not?
I think this works that if you don't have anything billing, we'll accrue to £5 and then pay you the amount, but because your account is actually billing you aren't falling into that bit of the logic.  I wonder we could get around this by spreading your discount across phone and bb.  I'll have a look at that.
I hope all that makes some sort of sense.  Peter/Chris I'll have a look at your accounts and see if they look similar on Thursday  (I'm offsite tomorrow.. this morning..eek!).
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
pat2801

hi,so i'm not the only one with this problem,i have 2 referals and only get paid for 1.
i,ve been overcharged this month for calls i hav'nt made,
and only 1 referal payment. Angry
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Quote from: Kelly
I think this works that if you don't have anything billing, we'll accrue to £5 and then pay you the amount, but because your account is actually billing you aren't falling into that bit of the logic.   I wonder we could get around this by spreading your discount across phone and bb.  I'll have a look at that.

Hi Kelly, Any update on this? Does it help you to know that the greater part of my referral accrues from Home Phone rather than Broadband.  Why then is it not being aplied to my Home Phone costs?
Kelly
Hero

I'm trying to get some time for people to have a good look through your referrals stuff.  It took me an hour and a half to get through BusyBees the other day to be sure of what was going on, and that was in my spare time!  Will let you know.
In answer to your question Wheel_nut, It will probably be because referrals only apply against BB, even if the referral token was generated by a Home Phone account. 
Kelly Dorset
Kelly
Hero

Quote from: Kelly
In answer to your question Wheel_nut, It will probably be because referrals only apply against BB, even if the referral token was generated by a Home Phone account. 

...and I'm getting one of our techies to have a quick look to see if that is something we can safely open up...
Kelly Dorset
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Hi Kelly, My Ticket #38921102 was in danger of getting closed after 2 weeks of non-activity so I have updated it with:
OK, My Referrals have now accrued £7-77. See copy/paste of my "Current Referrals" Pagebelow:
Your current referral credit
Amount: £7.77 Due: 06/02/11
Simple question: WHEN are you going to pay or offset this amount? WHEN?

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi Wheel_nut,
Matt's been taking a deeper look into the referral credits on your account, I'll ask him to reply to your ticket later with what he found.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chrism2
Grafter

Quote from: Chrism2
I seem to be in a very similar boat to you, Wheel_nut; albeit possibly on a greater scale. Not that that should matter. I don't want to hijack your thread, merely add to your voice. At any rate, I agree with your sentiments.
I too discovered only this week that apparently referral discounts can be applied to the broadband element. This makes no sense, PlusNet. I currently have 100% discounted broadband due to the Free broadband offer you have for referrals. This means that when my free broadband was applied back in November, my referrals (which accumulate currently at roughly £14/15 per month) stopped being deducted from the total bill. I'm currently due over £50 in backdated payments. While this is not a kings ransom, it still represents almost two months full service charges.
I have two credit notes raised on the 12th of January. (£47.81) and (£5.00) which have not been paid to me. The clueless CSR I spoke to today not only began waffling about credits applied to my account in December (due to another **** up) and then realised the whole thing was a massive clusterflock and dropped it like a hot spud, promising a call back this evening as he did so. He must of swanned off for a pint, 'cause I've not heard squat from PlusNet tonight.
Speaking of said December credit - that appeared in my account within two days of your posting it to the transactions section - so I know posting credits is not a lengthy process - but I also know that showing a value as a credit under "my transactions" does not mean accounts have posted the bank transfer.
Annoyed.

It's the 7th of Feb and in 5 days I will be due around £70 in referral credits.
Despite promises, I have been paid nothing.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Chris/ Matt,
I had £7-77 in Referral credit in my account on 2 February but only £7-00 was applied to my Bill issued on 6 February.
WHY?
Chrism2
Grafter

My billing is still wrong.
I was told back in January that although the current cost of Ulimited BB was to increase; those referrers who were receiving free broadband would still recieve free broadband.
My past two invoices show the broadband charge, followed by the credit for brodband. The credit is £5 less.
This month I earned £16.92 in referral credits.
£5 has been applied as a credit to my accounts; the remainder is being paid by BACS.
I am, as I was last month, £5 down due to the price increase. Again, I was told this would not affect me.
Unless PlusNet can give me a really, really clear explanation why not; I believe you still owe me a tenner.
Sick of this. I want my billing sorted. Now. Or I want a MAC code so I can **** off and give your rubbish company the finger.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@wheel_nut - I've replied to your ticket, I'm sorry it's taken so long for us to come back to the thread. I hope that explains everything, though if not I'll do my best to answer any further questions.
@chrism2 - Bob has investigated things for you and likewise replied to your ticket - I hope that helps.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Hi Matt, I saw your update to the Ticket but I am still perplexed.
1) Why was only £7 Credited to my February Bill when £7-77 was due to me. This suggests a manual intervention to a system that is NOT working as expected.
2) Have you resolved the issue of Referral Discounts only being applied against Broadband Charges, even if the Referral Discounts arose from Home Phone Referrals?
3) What do you expect will happen next month? Will ALL of my accrued Referral Discount be applied against my March Bill?  Undecided