cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral Credit

Sparks678
Grafter

Referral Credit

Hello in regards to my recent bill. I believe there should be referral credit deducted from it. I referred someone who ordered on 11/2 and paid the first months broadband and 12 months line rental at that point. Their service went live on 5/3. Since they have paid broadband and line rental in advance for their 1st month and the service is live why does my bill for March not show a deduction?

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Referral Credit

Thanks for getting back to us.

As my response contains sensitive account specific billing information, I've updated the ongoing ticket accessible here.

Please let us know if you respond to the ticket so that we can get back to you more efficiently.

Sparks678
Grafter

from the ticket

"Dear Mr....,
Thank you for your contact on our Community.
On checking the account, we can see that as you currently have an overdue balance, you're not eligible to receive referral bonus this month.
To clarify, you do need to keep up to date with your bills in order to receive a referral discount.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online via Online Chat or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can assist with anything else."

So you're telling me I need to pay my bill first before any credit is applied to the bill? What do you do credit my bank with 75pence after I've paid?

This is unacceptable my bills are paid with the required 14 days on receipt of the bill. I'm stating a discount should have been applied to my bill before it was issued

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

To clarify - as the account is in failed billing, we cannot apply a referral credit to this months bill.

However, providing the referred account remains up to date, your referral would be backdated to cover this months discount.

Sparks678
Grafter

Why was the credit not included and show in the bill?

My accounts goes into failed billing everymonth btw as you issue a bill immediately try to take payment and put it into failed billing. This won't change so how will I ever get any referral credit?

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi there @Sparks678,

Your referral credit is of course dependent on your referrals account and if that is kept up to date. We are unable to comment on their account, however, in relation to your billing query with restrictions I would suggest reading over the ticket my colleague @LordFoul created as this includes specific info on why this is happening and what the steps are to stop it.

Thank you.

Sparks678
Grafter

Yes but why was referral credit not taken off and applied to the bill as seen in my invoice. That account has already paid for their internet/phone for the moneth and that account is live.

Why can the bill not be reissued?

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

I'm afraid we would not re-issue a bill, however, as @OskarPapa mentions "providing the referred account remains up to date, your referral would be backdated to cover this months discount."

Thank you.

Sparks678
Grafter

Well that's nice that your bills cannot be disputed.

And like my previous post" My accounts goes into failed billing everymonth btw as you issue a bill immediately try to take payment and put it into failed billing. This won't change so how will I ever get any referral credit" Saying you explained how to fix that in a previous thread doesnt answer that as that problem is not fixed to my satisfaction. Namely you stop restricting service within 1 day of a bill being issued.

This company really does have a problem with its billing. And I don't think I'll be worrying about it much longer.

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @Sparks678 I am sorry the addressed query has not been resolved to your satisfaction.

I have responded to your query via a ticket. You can view my response by Clicking Here

Should you require any further assistance, please let us know and we will continue to help.

Many thanks.

Sparks678
Grafter

These tickets are not very good as you can't reply to them(to which the current one says you've been told everything already). You get given a statement and then told to use a different medium to the one you've been using. Absolute rubbish.

"With this in mind, please let us know what would be a reasonable resolution for yourself in regards to the complaint you have raised."

Yes

1)First provide a decent billing system where people can pay their bills online at any point within a set time after a bill has been issued without the need for it to be instantly taken from a bank account

2)Not instantly restrict a service because you cannot get your money instantly and instead allow continued service for the 14 days grace period you already state exists.

3)Allow online payments to be made for failed billing accounts

4)Stop saying this service restriction issue is being dealt with which for me has been ongoing since around Nov 2018. Its clearly not a priority or service your company wants to provide.

5)Correctly bill customers who should have referral credit applied before the bill is issued

6)Ability to adjust a bill or as you seem to think this means "change a payment date" when the amount due i incorrect. Not just we will pay you later. Any Other utility compay can certaintly do this.

7)Ability to respond to tickets and maybe stop calling them tickets. Maybe Complaint for example.

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

These tickets are not very good as you can't reply to them

Normal service tickets can't be replied to.

Tickets opened, quite possibly, like the one you may have currently open can be replied to.

(the lower wording - you need to click on it)

look see.PNG

It would open up a reply panel.

(just point it out)

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi @Sparks678, I have provided answers to your questions and further information which is account sensitive on the open question on your account Here.

As @DS mentioned above, you can reply to the ticket by clicking the option at the base of the ticket 'add more details'.

Anon
Pro

You can always ask your bank to repay the DD, you do not have to prove why to the bank.

Secondly as y ou will see if you read the thread about teh Direct Debit Guarantee Pnet have stated that once they have generated a bill and informed you what the amount is, they can NEVER change it. The choice you have is to accept anything their failed programme spews out or ask the bank t o refund the amount as per the DD Guarantee, but then Pnet threaten if you do that they will curtailk your service.

ALL THAT and it's not your fault, but Pnet always come up smiling, whatever damage is done to the customer.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.