Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referals

FIXED
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Referals

This may be the wrong board - if so can a mod move it, please?

I have just had a conversation with my sister who tells me that when she enquired about referring her son, that the referrals scheme no longer exists.

Confused, I went looking, and it certainly doesn't look that way if you follow the relevant links? My sister is a technophobe, so I daren't try and guide her to the online links, but she was definitely told by the CS rep she spoke to that the scheme was no longer available.

Clarification please.

John
9 REPLIES 9
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Referals

The information provided is wrong Sad

Member Centre link Recommend a Friend provides details.

David
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Everything Else to Accounts / Billing.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jab1
Legend

@spraxyt wrote:

The information provided is wrong Sad

Member Centre link Recommend a Friend provides details.

Thanks - so I am NOT going mad, as I checked that before posting and reached the same conclusion.

@Strat - thanks.

Wonder if @Gandalf or some other Help Team member can give me an idea how to resolve this - as I said in the original post, my sister is a chronic technophobe and trying to explain this to her just gives me a severe headache.😉

John
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Fix

Hi @jab1,

Thanks for getting in touch.

It would probably be easier for your sister to call us on 0800 432 0080 to give us details of any person she has recommended. We'll be able to explain the process and add the recommended person's details there and then as long as they have joined us and their services are active. There'll be no need for her to go online or indeed do anything else.

Thanks - LF

jab1
Legend

Thanks for the response @LordFoul - thats exactly the route I will be suggesting to her when I next speak to her, and was my thoughts even before my initial post.

Her 'recommendation' is her son, and he is already in the process of joining PN.

EDIT: For info, my sister was talking to the Mobile people, but surely they should know the scheme is in place? What is even more worrying is that the CS apparently went away and asked someone (presumably higher up) and still came back with the same answer.

John
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @jab1,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Apologies, I was referring to broadband services, we do not have a current referral scheme in place for Mobile, although we do offer Mates Rates.

Thanks - LF

jab1
Legend

Ooops, looks like we're slightly at cross purposes here @LordFoul . My sister was talking to Mobile with regards to her mobile account, but she also is with PN for BB & phone, and my nephew is taking out a BB & phone contract.

John
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I got it, @jab1. In that case my previous advice applies for broadband. The Mobile helpline would not be able to assist with broadband referrals.

Thanks - LF

jab1
Legend

So they wouldn't suggest she contacts the BB/phone/TV guys? Or are they not aware of that side of the company?😕

John