cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referals

losthero

Referals

i refered a friend a few weeks back  and he  added me as a referal but i dont see him in my referals when he placed his order the young assistant wasnt very  helpful to him and gave him a instalation date  of when he was not in possesion of his new house  but 4 days prior to him moving him soi advised him to contact plusnet again  to get that instalation date changed  which he did  but while on the phone to get that changed  he also asked to make sure i was put on as his referer the asssistant asked for my username  which was given and was told it wud show a few days later on the web page 1 week later it still doesnt show.How  often is the referals updated on users accounts ? and does this mean plusnet just got out of a referal by not adding him as a referal?
2 REPLIES 2
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Referals

Plusnet will normally add referrals retrospectively up to 3 months after the new customer joins. Previously your friend raising a ticket to confirm you as referrer, and you one to confirm you expected it was the mechanism to get the link joined up. However now that general tickets have been abolished a phone or chat request should suffice.
Normally when a referral is added it would show immediately as "pending (activation)" on your account (sorry I'm not sure of the exact wording) until the account is live.
Does your friend have a closed ticket on his account where the agent taking his phone call recorded details of the contact?
David
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Referals

I had a friend join very recently on my recommendation who forgot to enter the referral information at signup.
He went online via chat and gave them the information; now showing as a referral in my list.  Cool