cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referals - what a JOKE

BRABUS
Grafter

Referals - what a JOKE

Ever keen to spread the word about Plus Net I am always telling people about it and getting them to sign up.  Great, but the referals don't work properly.

I have had friends who have tried to put my username in and it refuses it.  So they then try it all in upper case and then in mixed case and still no joy.  Now if this was a one off I wouldn't mind but this is becoming a regular thing.
As an example my neighour has been with PN for ages now after I suggested them and she got hacked off trying to put my user name in and gave up - so I dont get my referal for that.
This year a friend from our car club signed up and also couldnt put my username in.  She tried and tried.  She even rang up and spoke to CS and got no joy.  I tried ringing CS and get it sorted but I got no where either.

A friend of my wife who is bed bound and very disabled has been trying to join today for phone and broadband and has been through all the lowercase, upper case and mixed case combinations and again it is not recognising me.  She had her carer there helping her and between them it didn't work.  she has had to just do it without my user name.  she has registered as Tareenb.

I am beginning to ownder how many other people I have got to jpin PN that I am
5 REPLIES 5
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Referals - what a JOKE

Hi there,
Really sorry about that, we'll do some digging for you. If you could raise a ticket regarding this on your account (quoting the usernames of those you've referred) and you can ask your friends to raise tickets on their accounts referencing yours we'll be able to get them all added for you.
BRABUS
Grafter

Cheers Matt,  I have raised ticket 50094057 and hope to get a positive result soon.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Matt
Hi there,
Really sorry about that, we'll do some digging for you. If you could raise a ticket regarding this on your account (quoting the usernames of those you've referred) and you can ask your friends to raise tickets on their accounts referencing yours we'll be able to get them all added for you.

You also need them to raise tickets saying that you recommend Plusnet to them.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
BRABUS
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
You also need them to raise tickets saying that you recommend Plusnet to them.

I shall try to get them to do that tomorrow.  One of them did this before and even rang up and still it got swept under the carpet, fell down a crack or what ever.  Nothing got sorted.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

I've just done a test sign up and not had an issue with your username in the referrals box.  When you say "I have had friends who have tried to put my username in and it refuses it" what do you mean?  Are they getting an error from the sign up process?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager