Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referall discount question

Routefinder
Grafter

Referall discount question

Hi All
I have one referall discount of £1 that has stood and shows as "Reduction of subscription charges by the referral scheme" for ages but and I never thought to give it much thought just how is the discount applied to the monthly charge because I must be a little 'thick' as I cannot see any reduction applied ever to the monthly billing charge of the different contracts I have had over the years???  NB Currently on ADSL Unlimited
So someone please clue me in as to what I should actually be seeing on the monthly bill???
TIA Smiley
3 REPLIES 3
kmilburn
Grafter

Re: Referall discount question

Usually you should get two emails every month,  one indicating the amount you are being billed (after the referral discount), and the second indicating the discount for the referrals.
Also, if you go to the View Transactions page in the portal, you should see the list of 'Scheduled Payments' and if the referrals have worked entries with 'Reduction of subscription charges by the referral scheme'.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

What is perhaps confusing you is that the first invoice is for all the services and does not mention referrals.
As kmilburn said the second invoice shows how accrued referrals are being spent, and has the status of Credit Note. This Credit Note is used to part-pay the first invoice, the remainder being collected by direct debit (and that reduced sum is advised in the email).
David
Routefinder
Grafter

Thanks both, a bit of a Homer Simpson moment for me because yes the the "billed" amount is indeed stated in the email Smiley  Though to be frank in many (most?) other billing situations where a credit is applied that figure is shown on the invoice itself as a discount.....................hence my somewhat belated confusion in regard to the paperwork  Embarrassed