cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referal paid in cheque form...

Loombucket
Grafter

Re: Referal paid in cheque form...

Thanks for clarifying - glad to hear the process is to be speeded up.
Am I right in assuming that in future referral payments will be made by Direct Debit/BACS into the bank account that holds the DD?
James
Grafter

Hi,
If there is a direct debit on the account then we will use this method.
Loombucket
Grafter

WRONGGG!!!!!
I've just had an email informing me that this month's rebate (after paying my monthly bill) will be paid in cheque form AGAIN!!
This means that it'll probably just about have arrived by my NEXT billing date!
I have both a Direct Debit and a credit card set up (as they have been since about last muckspreading) but they are both being ignored as usual.
PLEASE Plusnet, get your Accounts department sorted out fer krissakes, this is now beyond a joke.
Huh
EDIT:  I've just checked my bank statement which shows regular payments flowing in from Plusnet via the DD facility, so WHY are you persisting in raising cheques that take forever to process through?
EDIT 2:  I've just checked my current rebate status and there are at least two credit notes that haven't been paid out at all by either method!
Honestly PN, this chaotic state of affairs has got to be sorted out fully.  I'm fed up with being told "it won't happen again, we've got new systems in place" when it blatantly is NOT the case.
Can Mark Kelly or someone please look into this and report back with the true current situation?  I'm now back in the situation whereby I don't know how much I'm owed and neither do you!!
EDIT 3:  I'm typing this whilst on hold to CSC.  The agent looking into this for me has just come back to me with an explanation so bull$hit-ridden that even he admitted it didn't make sense.  It comes to something when your accounts dept can't or won't even give their own staff straight answers, doesn't it?
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

This has been going on for some time, so I've added it to the PUGIT list as item 378.  Comments can be added here.
MauriceC

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Loombucket
Grafter

Having spent a long time on the phone to CSC earlier today trying to find out what the heck is going on I was left with the promise that the query would be passed to the relevant department for them to get in touch and sort things out.
I've just received an email saying "Your cheque refund has been raised".  Nothing more, no explanation, no reason for it, no answers to my questions, zilch.
Above all, no reply to my request for the outstanding payments to be actioned either!

I despair of you lot, really I do.  What do I have to do to get this sorted out?
Angry
Loombucket
Grafter

....and, as if in answer to a maiden's prayer, at half past fartoolateforhimtobestillworking PM Mark Kelly phoned to apologise (yet again) and sort things out.  He's on the case and will get back to me once it's sorted.  Apparently it's a scripting error that's triggering the cheque payments and ignoring the DDs.
Mark, thanks again for your intervention.  I'm REALLY looking forward to the new system....  Wink
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

FYI. One of my developers has been taken off his project to help fix this.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Mark
Grafter

Just to clarify Kelly's comments.
We have a dedicated resource working on the referrals revamp project who is doing an absolutely fantastic job.
Part of this work involves fixing the automated referral payments in conjunction with the other improvements to the referrals system which we are making.
I am hopeful that we'll be able to give a better update on progress next week.

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

It has hapend to me I have a active Direct Debit on my account.
I have raised a ticket the # 23732406
Quote from: Jameseh
If there is a direct debit on the account then we will use this method.

So why has this hapend to me? wen I have a active Direct Debit on my account!   Huh
[Edit]
Spelling
Loombucket
Grafter

Well MC, this is one of life's unanswered questions, like "How does the Teflon stick to the pan?", or "why is there only one Monopolies Commission?"
You see, my last post was a tad premature.  We now have the daft situation whereby initial referral bonuses are being paid to me by Direct Debit, but the monthly account surplus is STILL being paid by cheque.  Roll_eyes
I hope this is a "work-in-progress" situation but I confess I smell another cock-up here.
*Loombucket shakes his head sadly and wanders slowly away, muttering...*
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Well the reply that I got off PlusNet:
We have recently changed to a better and more secure payment company that for fraud prevention will only allow us to refund payments upto the amount which has been billed initially. Any refunds greater than this amount therefore have to be refunded by cheque at present. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

I hope this is a "work-in-progress" situation but I confess I smell another cock-up here.
*Gary shakes his head sadly and wanders slowly away, muttering...*
Mark
Grafter

Hi all.
To say I am sorry to see that this is happening again is an understatement. I am currently on holidays but will find out what is happening as soon as the relevant people are back in the office.
The last conversation I had regarding this situation with our finance team stated that these payments would be made by BACS transfer where we have active bank details. Whilst the reply from the CSC is correct in certain circumstances, the ability to process BACS refunds for referral refunds was clarified some weeks ago. We should not be issuing cheques in these cases.
I will chase this up and let you know what is happening as soon as I can.

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Thank you Mark for looking in to it.  Smiley
Loombucket
Grafter

Quote from: Mark
Hi all.
To say I am sorry to see that this is happening again is an understatement. I am currently on holidays but will find out what is happening as soon as the relevant people are back in the office.
The last conversation I had regarding this situation with our finance team stated that these payments would be made by BACS transfer where we have active bank details. Whilst the reply from the CSC is correct in certain circumstances, the ability to process BACS refunds for referral refunds was clarified some weeks ago. We should not be issuing cheques in these cases.
I will chase this up and let you know what is happening as soon as I can.

Er, Mark..... I've just been informed that my monthly refund is being paid by cheque again....
Cry
James
Grafter

Hi Loombucket,
I'm just trying to find out what's going on here for you.  I'll be back in a bit when I've heard back from Finance.