cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referal paid in cheque form...

Robtheplod
Grafter

Referal paid in cheque form...

Hello, just been told my referal payment will be paid by cheque. Is this new policy as it always used to be back to my card which was quick and reliable and did'nt get lost.... seems an odd way to go.. if this is the case then how long does it take plusnet to issue referal cheque, as I now have paid full whack for my service ... Huh
37 REPLIES 37
Mark
Grafter

Re: Referal paid in cheque form...

Hi there Rob.
We encountered a problem with our payments system earlier this month which prevented us refunding to DD. To work around this we had to process some Referral refunds by cheque.
Providing an active DD is live on a referrers account this should not happen in future.
I am sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.
As a footnote. Due to revised banking rules, we will not be able to process an automatic refund to a credit card where the payment did not originate from that card. Therefore the best advice to all referrers is to have an active DD on the account to ensure automated refunds. Where a DD is not present we will have to refund by cheque.

Spider
Grafter

Could you not use the BACS system and pay by ABP rather than refund by DD, especially if the payment would not be claimed by DD in the first place?
Mark
Grafter

Hi Spider.
Thats actually the way it works.
We do pay by BACS using the DD details on the account.

foxy
Grafter

So will I be paid by cheque this month?
I'd like some consistency as to *when* I'm getting paid too.
Can you give me a date as to when these bugs are going to be ironed out?
Thanks.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

The DD refund issue was sorted out a few days after it occurred I believe.
Can't answer when you will receive payments.
Mark
Grafter

Hi James.
As previously mentioned to you, your issue is seperate and applicable to a particular bug in the code effecting your account. Development work to resolve this has commenced and should be rolled soon. I dont have specific dates just yet but will have an update by close of play today. Until it is fixed we have to run a particularly nasty workaround to calculate and credit your referral payments. the automated system is not working for you in the way it should.
The work underway will resolve this once and for all.
foxy
Grafter

Thanks for the update. I have checked my bank account and there are a trickle of referal payments coming through. I've also received an automatic referrals discount email this morning saying I'll be paid by cheque.
Keep up the good work guys, I'll keep referring  Smiley
Loombucket
Grafter

I too have been subjected to this odd scenario.  In the past few months I've received refunds to my credit card, my bank account (the wrong one, but that's another story) and have received an email dated the 25th stating that a cheque is on it's way - although it has still not arrived.
I hope this mess gets sorted out soon - I'm about to receive (I hope) some significant dosh (total amount is into 3 figures) for accounts signed up in July and I hope they don't go astray too....  Roll_eyes
Mark
Grafter

Hi there.
I'll check (no pun intended) where we are with your refund when I am back in the office tomorrow.
As I mentioned in one of my posts above, new banking rules dictate that we can no longer refund to a card any payment which did not originate from that card. Therefore the simplest method of obtaining an automated refund is to ensure that we have bank account details active on your account in the form of a Direct Debit. that way we can ensure that refunds are processed automatically by BACS as opposed to the manual method of cheque payments.
I'm about to receive (I hope) some significant dosh

Glad to hear it and hopefully just in time for Christmas too. Smiley
Thanks for referring our products and if I can be of help at any time just shout.
Loombucket
Grafter

Thanks Mark - I look forward to hearing from you on this.
All through this saga there have been valid bank details set up, so why the credit went through onto the credit card in the first place puzzles me somewhat.  Huh
Loombucket
Grafter

Er... Mark - any news yet?  It's now a fortmight since the email arrived indicating a cheque was on the way.
Roll_eyes
James
Grafter

Hi Loombucket,
If asked our Finance Team to look into this for you and I'll let you know what I hear back.
Loombucket
Grafter

Beat you to it - cheque arrived this morning, DATED 25/10/07!  Angry
Honestly, funerals pass your accounts dept. on the way to the postbox...  Roll_eyes
James
Grafter

Sorry! Meant to reply to you yesterday!
The delay was that your cheque was waiting to be approved by our Finance Director.  This has been a long process (2-3 weeks) ever since I started at PlusNet because of the signoff processes involved in our sending out a cheque.  We've now agreed on a process which should speed cheque refunds up considerably and yours was signed off on Monday Smiley