cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referal Details

Spike

Referal Details

Now we have a forum for referrers can I make a small request for better information on your referrals details on the members section of the website.
At the moment all you get in the Current Referrals section is the type of account, its referral value and the date of their next billing date.
Now I have referred 20 or more people to Plusnet, and it's getting difficult to remember who they all are.  This is important because I like to keep in touch to make sure they are still happy and staying with Plusnet.  I have had one or two change to some other provider, but the first I know of this is when my referrals value drops.  It is then very difficult to find out who left and why.  One of them I did track down, and found he had left for very trivial reasons which I could have helped him sort out. 
What I would like is their userid to be displayed - if this give a problem with the data protection act or similar legislation, then I could make do with the start date of their contract.  At least then I might be able to cross reference this with my diary - but their username would be better.
Any chance?
5 REPLIES 5
James
Grafter

Re: Referal Details

Hi Spike,
This is absolutely something we are looking into with our continued drive to improve the referrer experience.  I don't have any timesclaes for you, so it's really a watch this space sort of thing, but it is something we are looking into.
Snapshot
Hooked

I'd like to second Spike's request. Two of my referrals have disappeared and I can only make an intelligent guess as to which they are. I had a discussion about this with Support some months ago and was told it was a DPA issue which I don't accept as I only want information on my referrals for which, surely, I am acting as agent.
Jonathan
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

This is one of those difficult areas. The problem is that just because you are a referrer doesn't mean that you have the account holders permission to discuss any aspect of their account. You could refer someone through a banner ad and not know them at all, or a word of mouth referral and have some kind of falling out. If for example your wife had a residential broadband account and you signed up a business account for work and put her as referrer in the event of a divorce would you want us to to discuss your business account with her?
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
matt_2k34
Grafter

So why not add a checkbox to the signup
"Allow the referrer to see your name: THIS allows them to keep track of who they have referred -
If you got here by a banner add- uncheck this box"
and check it by default?
Mark
Grafter

Hi folks.
As I mentioned in the past, I am actively looking at how we handle our referrals system and one of those areas under review, is how we deal with perceived DPA issues regarding the accounts which are referred.
Believe me, I fully appreciate how difficult it is to manage referrals when you have no idea, from our data, who or what has been referred.
I'll be absolutely straight and I wont make wild promises. I need to fully understand our obligations in this area and what we are allowed to do or otherwise.
I would envisage that the new partner programme which we are currently planning will alleviate most of these issues, however I do not see the current system providing this functionality in any easy way.
I'll keep working on this area and I am approaching it from a position of experience on your side of the fence. Smiley
I'll keep the forum updated with progress as and when I have it.