cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer a friend

teamescocia

Refer a friend

Hi,

I have currently paid upfront for 12months broadband so I currently don't have any outgoings. My friend is currently interested in joing but what would be the benefit in me referring if I already don't have any outgoings ? Also what are the perks for him using my referral?

Can anyone advise?

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Refer a friend

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Everything Else to My Account / Billing. 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting in touch @teamescocia

If you've paid upfront then any referral credit earned would be stored until you reach £50 where at that point a cheque would be sent to you.

With regards to benefits for the person who you referred they wouldn't be entitled to any special benefits for being referred by yourself

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
teamescocia

Thanks for the reply.

Can you explain how the credit earned works? I saw the tariffs but I how long would it take to accrue £50 credit for example assuming basic broadband only deal?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us @teamescocia.

If you were to refer a residential customer then you would earn £1.25 each month in referral credit as long as that customer stays with us and makes their payment on time.

On the other hand, if you were to refer a business customer depending on which packages they take out they could earn anything from £1.25 to £2.50.

Ultimately if you only refer one residential customer you would be looking at around 4 years assuming you pay your service up front each year however if there any charges on an invoice such as call charges or an engineer callout fee then your referral credit would be used to cover these charges

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
teamescocia

It's good there are incentives but I don't think it is worthwhile pursuing in my case.

Thanks again Matthew.