Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redundant account.

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Redundant account.

I migrated from PN three months ago but my old account is still accessible and still has my name, address, e-mail etc. therein.

I would like all this erased and no longer accessible.

How do I action this request please?

7 REPLIES 7
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Redundant account.

If you are worried about the security of your personal data, would it not be possible for you to change the data on your PN account to something random, like B. D. Wgopwqrsmnt, 98671 Mbldmso Road, Wgibcx MB99 0ZZ, and your phone No. to something equally unlikely?

I left PN towards the end of May, and my details are still there; it even says my current product is BB contracted without phone, which was what I had when I left.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @newagetraveller

We have to retain certain information to be able to fulfil our legal & regulatory obligations, or because we have other legitimate reasons to retain it. To make a request please fill out the form found here: https://www.plus.net/help/legal/privacy-policy/. If there is a reason we cannot comply with your request we will always tell you why.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
newagetraveller
Pro

I've done some research and with respect HarryB, you need to refer to Article 17 of the GDPR and the "right to be forgotten".

Therefore, because the old account is no longer of any use to either me or PN then I must have that right. There are no legitimate reasons for that account to be retained.

newagetraveller
Pro

It would seem that PN are not that interested in the GDPR legislation. Shown by the lack of further response!

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Have you filled in the online Plusnet privacy request form in the link posted by HarryB? The processes within that should be GDPR compliant.

David
newagetraveller
Pro

I looked at that form but it only contained three options

My provider has all the relevant data so there is no need to take it with me.Smiley
Therefore it does not comply with GDPR requirements. There should now be the right to be forgotten - i.e. remove all my data.
So no, they are not interested in complying with GDPR.
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @newagetraveller,

If you go onto the online form here and select the "I want to know how my data is processed" option it brings up the following

" You can ask us to correct, complete, delete or stop using any personal information we hold about you.

In certain instances, we may only be able to partially complete your request or may not be able to complete it at all.

Generally, this will be because we have to process your information to be able to fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations, we need it to be able to provide our products and services to you, or because there are other legitimate reasons for which we need to process it."

so this would be the appropriate option for your request. You'll need to fill out the box at the bottom of the form and give the full details of your request.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team