cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reduced discounts near end of contract?

Richchad
Rising Star

Reduced discounts near end of contract?

I have just received my bill for 19th June 2021 and my discounts for Phone and Unlimited Fibre Extra have both been reduced by around 35% almost doubling my monthly charge?

I am on a fixed 18 month contract that ends on 7th August 2021 so assume that the new CPI charges don't apply until I choose to enter a new contract in August.

I have a LRS until September 2021 so cannot be anything to do with the switch to monthly line charges.

I have raised a ticket questioning the bill, but thought I would just see if anyone on here can see if I have missed something as I am sure it must be a billing mistake.

10 REPLIES 10
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Reduced discounts near end of contract?

Hi @Richchad

Just had a look into the account and can see that it's really unclear as to why this has happened, likely just an error with our billing system this month, thank you for bringing this to our attention though Smiley

I can see that you've been in touch with our Customer Services Team who have rectified this in the form of a credit, and have placed the open Ticket on hold until your next billing date to ensure that any further anomalies are addressed ASAP

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Richchad
Rising Star

@adam945 Thanks for the heads up Adam, however unfortunately the credit given is for only my phone discount, which is now correct but I am still missing an additional credit for the Unlimited Fibre Extra discount as both my discounts were reduced to some odd amounts.

I have replied to the ticket and requested the additional credit due, so will see if that is amended too,

I just can't understand why the discounts were reduced and to such odd amounts that made no sense to me whatsoever.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

it made no sense to me either to be honest @Richchad 

In regards to the Broadband credit, this has been applied, however is awaiting approval from the agent's manager. Please let us know if you have not received a confirmation email stating that the second credit has been applied by the end of the day tomorrow, and we'll have this investigated.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Richchad
Rising Star

Well here we are again bill time, I have just looked at my bill for this month and cannot make any sense of it, it is complicated due to errors on last months bill and end of my contract on the 7th August.

I am not sure if my existing discounts have been included up to contract end as no mention of discount anywhere in the calculations, also has a CPI charge has been added, which shouldn't apply until a new contract, also £3.30 was credited to my bank account.

Any chance someone can take a look at it and try to make sense of it?

I have had a couple of offers from Plusnet to renew my contract which aren't very attractive considering what other providers are offering and after about 10 years with Plusnet watching things getting worse instead of better reluctantly it maybe time for a change.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @Richchad 

I'm sorry to see you're having trouble with your bill. The bill looks OK to my eye, we've just pro-rata'd the CPI price increase including add the credit and refund on. I appreciate that pro-rata'ing can be a little confusing though.

It'd be your decision if you'd want to leave, but if you're happy to stick with us I can see we've made you a nice renewal offer in your end of contract reminder here https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_service_notice&id=520598230 Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Richchad
Rising Star

@Gandalf thanks for the reply, I am trying to wade through the figures now, it is a little confusing with the pro rata on everything.

I looked at the offer last week and it comes short of a couple of other providers plus they are giving gift cards.

I assume if I leave at end of contract the part payment after contract end would be refunded?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @Richchad 

No problem, I was actually just going to edit my reply to say I need bigger glasses. I'm taking another look and I'll add a reply onto your support ticket here https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=213487724 soon.

If you leave partway within a billing month, we'll issue a refund to cover the time you've paid in advance as part of the final bill. If there are termination fees/you leave before the contract's fully up, the refund would come off that. 

I'd recommend calling our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 though as we may be able to offer you a reward card.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Richchad
Rising Star

@Gandalf  well so much for trying to negotiate to renew my contract...

Just spoke to a csc analyst who was very unhelpful and gave me a ridiculous price of £37.40 a month which is an increase of £11.40 a month than my existing contract including the line rental.

Just 3 weeks ago I was offered £33.40 a month, which I thought was a big increase, but was too soon before my contract end and it is no longer available when I use the link.

I was told that is the price including discount in a take it or leave it attitude, are Plusnet trying to lose customers now?

I have been with PN for over 10 years and have been very happy until now, in the past I have been able to negotiate a reasonable price increase each contract end time.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @Richchad

I'm sorry to see we couldn't offer what you wanted. I'll be happy to arrange for an adviser to call you back to discuss further. 

Feel free to drop me a PM with a contact number we can reach you on and when you'd be free for a call.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Richchad
Rising Star

@Gandalf  Message sent, thanks.