cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended PN but the packages don't have enough usage limit, suggestions/help

amcclean
Rising Star

Recommended PN but the packages don't have enough usage limit, suggestions/help

For years I have been trying to get my brother to move to Pn and its great service. He has decided at last to move but only has access to adsl2+ with fttc a long way off, if ever, for his humble exchange.
He wishes to go pro but has been advised he can only have a max of 60Gb day time monthly usage as his exchange is not fibre.
Is there any package he could join onto with a higher monthly allowance. As i said i have at last managed to make him see the plus net light but the 60Gb limit is not enough for his needs.
Can anyone help?
cheers,
podman
5 REPLIES 5
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Recommended PN but the packages don't have enough usage limit, suggestions/help

Premium has 120GB and the same traffic management as Extra.  You have to request it though.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
amcclean
Rising Star

Re: Recommended PN but the packages don't have enough usage limit, suggestions/help

Hi, thanks for the quick response. This is one of the reasons I'm recommending you. Would my brother be able to transfer to premier if he is a new customer.
also what the monthly cost for the premier as it's no longer advertised I used to be on it but can't remember?
podman
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

See Extra Usage at https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?wizard_id=20 for details. Note that Plusnet's published traffic management information for that product (https://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/plusnet_premium_archive.shtml) did not get updated when traffic management for Extra was updated in August. So you will have to take on trust the statement by Kelly that Premium is managed the same as Extra.
David
zubel
Community Veteran

Which it is - I've been on the Premium 120GB product pretty much since they re-released it.
LukeAger
Grafter

Hi Podman, Your brother can sign up to the 60gb package as a new plusnet customer and once he is activated, request to move to premium 120gb. This will usually happen on his next billing date which means he would only have 60gb for his first month and the 120gb after that.
First thing he will need to do is sign up a 60gb account to get the process started. You can do this online or by calling our sales team.