cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently Joined - Billing Query for Plusnet Staff

jmcm
Dabbler

Recently Joined - Billing Query for Plusnet Staff

I have recently joined Plusnet from BT with the migration of Broadband on 3rd April and telephone on the 17th April 2014.
I have been awaiting the final bill from BT and after contacting them they advised me that my services were still live and that Plusnet had not advised BT of the completion.
BT have indicated that they have notified the relevant department and that the final bill will be provided in the next five days.
My concern is that that BT might decide to charge an additional month, and therefore can someone from Plusnet ensure that the appraise communications with BT are achieved as I am not prepared to pay both Plusnet and BT for same billing periods that isn't my fault.
7 REPLIES 7
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Recently Joined - Billing Query for Plusnet Staff

Hi jmcm,
I can confirm that your broadband order completed on 03/04/2014 and your phone transferred over on 17/04/2014. The losing service provider is automatically informed when the order is placed for the service(s) to migrate/transfer.
Unfortunately we cannot contact BT on your behalf to re-iterate these dates so this would have to be something that you would do. I can confirm the billing started from the dates I mentioned previously and you should only have to pay your previous suppliers up until those dates for the applicable services. If BT try to charge you more then you would need to take this up with the relevant department within BT.
I'm sorry we're not able to offer much more help on this matter. I hope that BT only charge you up until those dates! Let us know it works out.
jmcm
Dabbler

I think internet providers need a good sorting out.  BT who own Plusnet when approached with a query respond by saying "Plusnet haven't done this, Plusnet haven't told us the other". So what does the customer do.....contact Plusnet who swiftly wipe their shoulders.
Whatever happened to good customer service?
Angry
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

BT Retail are talking garbage and Plusnet is effectively a separate entity from BT Retail
Basically when Plusnet take over the phone line or the broadband with a MAC they inform BT Openreach who are then supposed to inform the losing ISP and in the case of the phone line the losing ISP has the opportunity to object to and block the transfer
Plusnet have no contact with and in fact are not allowed to have contact with the losing ISP
Did you not receive a letter from BT saying - we are sorry we are losing you as a customer or words to that effect in relation to the phone line
BT can query the Openreach database and they will see that your line migrated to Plusnet on the dates given
jmcm
Dabbler

yes, we got the e mail saying sorry you were leaving etc, strangely we got that after the migration took place , and even more strange that we received a separate e mail advising of the MAC code, which actually was a farce as the MAC code quoted was our telephone number, we had actually received the MAC code some 4 weeks earlier.
The whole migration process is a farce in my opinion, which only creates hassle and frustration for the customer, and is prone to a blame culture of accusing someone else of not doing something they should have.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm sorry you've had issues migrating over, jmcm.
Have you managed to speak to BT regarding this? Your final bill should show exactly which date you're being billed up until.
jmcm
Dabbler

I received a bill yesterday from BT, they have billed me a further month for the period 18April  - 17 May which seems ludicrous as Plusnet migrated on 3 April, can't seem to get my head around that.
I spoke last night to BT over their chat online, and that representative stated that the final bill can take up to 40 days!!!, I was assured that the advance broadband rental however would be refunded. 
I just find the whole situation really poor.
Fingers crossed the final bill gets sorted
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If that's being paid by DD it might be worth considering reclaiming it under the DD guarantee.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)