cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receipt of email allowing early cancellation due to price increase

Nestandkikat
Hooked

Receipt of email allowing early cancellation due to price increase

Hi guys please could you help me with this issue,ive tried to contact plusnet anumber of times to resolve this issue and no luck so far.I recieved the email below and due to price increases and generally poor service,ive decided to leave.Would it be possible for a direct ticket to be raised so i ca get some sense and movement on this please?

Important information about your prices
Hello Kate
We recently got in touch to let you know about the changes we were making to our call plan prices and call charges to landlines and mobiles. We told you that those changes would apply to you from 3rd December 2019.
We should have made it clear that if you wanted to leave your broadband and line rental contract because of these changes you could have done so without paying an early termination charge. You can also remove your call plan by letting us know you wish to do so at any time, and we’ll remove it on your next billing date.
So we’re going to credit your account to cover the increased cost of your call plan and call charges until 12th March 2020. Following this date, the new charges will apply, as set out below. A credit will be applied onto your first bill after 12th March 2020.
If you’re not happy with any of the changes and do decide to leave as a result, you won’t have to pay an early termination charge. Just get in touch with us on 0800 587 1960 within a month of receiving this email and give us 14 days’ notice.
Why not take another great deal?
Get Unlimited Fibre Extra and line rental from £27.99 a month on a new 18 month fixed price contract. Sign up today.
You can find out more about your current package or information about what other products are available by speaking to one of our advisors or login to Member Centre.
We’re sorry for any inconvenience that you may have been caused.
Best wishes,
The Plusnet Team
Here’s a reminder of what will change:
The following call plans will increase by £1 a month:
Evening & Weekend, Evening & Weekend UK and Mobile
Unlimited UK & Mobile, Anytime, Anytime with Mobile, Talk Anytime
Anytime International 300, Anytime International 300 with Mobile,
Talk Anytime International 300
Changes to our call set-up fees and call charges to landlines and mobiles:
Our call set up fee is increasing by 1p from 22p to 23p a call
The standard rate for calls to UK landlines is increasing from 13.5p per minute to 15p per minute
The standard rate for calls to UK mobiles is increasing from 15p per minute to 18p per minut

many thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Receipt of email allowing early cancellation due to price increase

@Nestandkikat 

In order to leave without any early termination charges etc., you need to specifically advise Plusnet that you are leaving because of these price increases. To do so ring the number given in the fourth paragraph of the email. Note the notice period required. I also think that you have to notify Plusnet within 30 days of the date of receipt of the email and then you have a certain period to complete the transfer out. Plusnet will be able to confirm that when you call them.

Do not cancel your Plusnet service as this will cause further problems. The acquiring ISP (i.e whomsoever you sign up with) will handle the transfer of services from Plusnet to themselves.

Nestandkikat
Hooked

MANY THANKS

IVE BEEN TRYING THIS METHOD TO no avail 

Anyhow ill keep trying and thanks for advise

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @Nestandkikat and apologies for the delayed response.

I can see you've since got through to us and this should be sorted now.

Is there anything we can do to keep you as a customer?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Nestandkikat
Hooked

Hi Anoush thanks for all your help so far.

I just want to reconfirm that i have canceleld  "All" of the the services including broadband! ?

I keep recieving letetrs and emails stating that i have only cancelled the phone services

Please after my recent contact with ian via phone ,can you confirm that i have done everything neccesary , so that  plusnet will now manually let virgin know ive cancelled the broadband and phone?

Im afraid the speeds here have been poor ive had anumber of issues trying to originally get this sorted and also the deal i originally took seems to have beben thriwn out of the window and i now pay 50 ish quid.

I would rather take a 12 month contract with tv bt and a high speed for 45.

Sorry i know this isnt your fault

Many thanks

Kate

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Kate, we can't contact Virgin Media but I can see your landline number is due to leave the BT network on the 2nd March to your new provider, and this will automatically cease your broadband closing your account down with us afterwards.

I'm happy to look into the speed problems you're having with us to see if we can get that sorted for you and arrange for a colleague from our customer options team to call you back and discuss a new deal with us further if you'd want?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Nestandkikat
Hooked

Hi im just looking at my status online

below are the details , i wonder if you could enlighten me to the two sections dated 24/02/2020 please?

Just to confirm i left plusnet on the free opt out clause due to price increases.

Im assuming that the cessation fee isnt a charge?

Also can you confirm what will happen with BT also now please?

Kind Regards

Kate

Here to save you money. Add home phone to your package and pay just £23.99 a month
Account Summary
Date Order Number Product Order Status Other Links
19/03/2019 BP03740123 Unlimited Fibre Extra Complete
 View order status
 Upgrade
 Data transfer usage
 Update payment details
22/05/2018 - 12 months contract Written Off -
02/04/2019 - 18 months contract Written Off -
24/02/2020 - 2 days contract Expired -
- - Cessation charge Activated
What's this?
23/05/2018 HW48649290 Plusnet Hub One Delivery
 View order status
 Set up guides

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me Kate,

Apologies for the confusion with this.

We had shortened your contract to a 2 day one to end the next day so you weren't charged an early termination fee. With regards to the cessation, this is a legacy fee that we no longer charge as of 1st September 2018.

With regards to BT I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Your telephone number has been exported to another provider who doesn't use the BT network, which has ceased your phone line and broadband service.

Let me know if you've got any further queries.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet