cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receipt for setup fee for changing account?

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Receipt for setup fee for changing account?

I recently changed from a residential to a business service. This involved paying a £10 setup fee (although I already had a Plusnet account) and the first month's fee in advance. Do I get a receipt for that payment? There is nothing showing in my new account. I need it to complete my accounts for the period.

Also the change over actually happened 12 days earlier than the day that had been arranged, so I have paid for a month of the residential service but only used 4 days of that. When can I expect the refund?

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Receipt for setup fee for changing account?

Hi @corringham

I recently changed from a residential to a business service. This involved paying a £10 setup fee (although I already had a Plusnet account) and the first month's fee in advance. Do I get a receipt for that payment? There is nothing showing in my new account. I need it to complete my accounts for the period.

It doesn't look like we can view invoices for initial fees either. I've raised this with one of my colleagues from our billing team and I'll update you when I hear back which should be within the next few days.

Also the change over actually happened 12 days earlier than the day that had been arranged, so I have paid for a month of the residential service but only used 4 days of that. When can I expect the refund?

I'm sorry to see that your residential account wasn't cancelled or a refund worked out when your business account went live, I've processed the cancellation for you now.

Within 21 days, our system should automatically calculate a pro-rata refund to cover the 27 days you've paid for a service that we haven't provided via the residential account(Essentially the overlap in charges with your business account).

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for waiting.

We think we've identified what's causing this and we're working to fix it as soon as we can. I'll update you when we know more.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

There's still no sign of any invoice on my account - over a month after the payment was taken. Not looking good for a business account!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Apologies for the delay in getting this sorted @corringham

I'm still actively looking into this to try to get this resolved as soon as we can.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet