cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: plusnet bills

prettygrim

hi. many tnx for the answer. such a simple solution when you know. much appreciated.

why on earth has plusnet not changed this? dont make sense to me

11 REPLIES 11
prettygrim

plusnet bills

i have just tried to look at my latest plusnet bill which is posted as a $STANDARD file. i cant find that option in the file list in control panel of my windows 7 machine so wondered how i am supposed to open it? sorry if this has been answered previously but would appreciate a reply or link to click o that gives me the answer.

although i have only been with plusnet a couple of months, one of the reasons i joined was because of the supposed superb customer service. can someone tell me please how this came about when, as an example, no matter when or how often i try to start a 'chat session' with customer support, there is never anyone available?

hope someone can help with answers

many TIA

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Welcome to the forums. @prettygrim

Rename the file to say "November 18 Plusnet Bill.pdf"  without the quotes in Windows Explorer.

It is just a PDF file with a bad name from the new billing system

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
SpendLessTime
Hero

This bug was reported back in early September when the billing system went live. Indeed within a day of the first bill being produced.

And no fix to date.

Take from that what you wish.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Chat to My Account / Billing 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
prettygrim

hmm. that doesn't bode well really, does it? i dont understand why any company that starts by having good reviews and positive customer posts, then behaves like a total jack ass!

i'll keep my eye on things a little more closely now, so tnx for the reply and comment, SpendLessTime

caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I manually rename my bills to show the bill date, otherwise each bill just overwrites the previous one.

I don't find it a big problem in the scheme of things.

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Renaming bills isn't a big problem in the big scheme of things (unlike no invoices at all , or invoices for closed accounts), but it is unnecessary and makes Plusnet look amateurish.

SpendLessTime
Hero

And that fact that this was not picked up by the developer or the testers but made its way into a commercial release makes me wonder what else the developers did incorrectly.

What this developer and tester did incorrectly was to allow what looks like a variable name "$STANDARD" to be used as a file name. What they should have used is the value of that variable not its name.

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

And that fact that this was not picked up by the developer or the testers but made its way into a commercial release makes me wonder what else the developers did incorrectly.

If you want to know what else they did incorrectly, just read the forums! The "Cannot view bill in billing system" thread is 29 pages long, and is only one of many similar threads. If I wasn't a Plusnet customer it would be funny Huh

SpendLessTime
Hero

Oh I have read and posted to the many of the threads re:billing.

It is a mess.

Saltariva
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi @prettygrim, I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the pdf invoice downloads. As @SpendLessTime mentioned we are currently aware of an issue with the name of downloaded invoices and this is currently being investigated. If there's anything else we can help you with in the meantime please do let us know.