Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-contracting

FIXED
plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Re-contracting

Hi. I wondered if a mod could check when my 12 month unlimited broadband/home phone contract ends please? I`m sure it`s April this year but just wanted to clarify. And also, what my monthly current charge would be at month 13 should I wish just to leave things as they are and allow my current contract to end and then just continue if the pricing is not too high after this. 

I do plan to call PlusNet retentions if I want to discuss a new contract for the same BB/home phone line, but it`s been a wee while since I posted on the forum so wanted also to say hello. Smiley

Really enjoyed being with PlusNet the past 12 months. It`s been a pleasure. 

32 REPLIES 32
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Re-contracting

Fix
I'm afraid the mods here are just customers like yourself Smiley

I'd give the customer options team a call on 0800 013 2632 - they'd be able to give you all the info Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note.
moved to more appropriate forum area.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Thanks dvorak, will do that. 

plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Hello again. Sorry, I meant to ask if a STAFF member (not a mod!) could check the above for me please? Really just need to know two things just now:

1. Does my BB and line rental expire on the 10th of April 2018?

2. I have a note here that when my current contract does end, that the monthly cost will be £27.98p? I currently pay £26.00 a month, so that would be a small rise of £1.98p.

I haven't been able to call PlusNet yet. 

Many thanks.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @plusmouse

I have answered you query via your account here. Please let us know if you need any further assistance. Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Sterling work SammyM, many thanks, Smiley I appreciate your time. Just wanted to know really what I will be paying after the 9th so that`s clarified now. I do want to stay with PlusNet if possible but obviously, my monthly price has gone up (since joining) by £3.98p) over 13 months, or will do once my next payment is taken!

I know it`s always worth calling retentions but not being a `new` customer, I`m not sure I will be offered a `stay with us` deal. So need to keep my options open. Being only an unlimited standard broadband and line rental customer, I don`t care about anything else being added like calls or other features as it`s mainly the monthly cost that concerns me and keeping it within an affordable reach. 

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi @plusmouse

I would just give the team a call on 0800 013 2632 and select option 1 then option 2, explain that your not really wanting to change your package and they will go through the best deals that are available for you. If you are happy with the deal they will be able to process this for you so the new contract will start when your current one expires.

plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Hi BenB, many thanks. I will give them a ring shortly and see what`s available, although I do want just to keep the BB/line deal I am currently on without adding anything to it for a negotiated price. So I suppose I`m looking for a reduction in the cost and not being a `new` customer, not sure if I will be successful, but will have a chat anyway as I won`t know until I ask!

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @plusmouse

but will have a chat anyway as I won`t know until I ask!

That's going to be your best option!

Please let us know the outcome of your chat with them! 

Thanks 

plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

I will do. Planning to call tomorrow sometime so hoping for a result as it would be nice to stay with a company who have given me a decent service without any recurring problems, but I realise that could be down to luck at so far, not having any! 

Will update soon. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Glad to hear you've had no problems with your service.

If you prefer we'll be happy to arrange a call back from our customer options team instead?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Wee update guys. Have just re-contracted with PlusNet for 24 months (until 2020) based on my current package of unlimited BB and line rental. The chap I spoke to did say that there will be a £1.00 price rise in June which will reflect what I pay now and at that time, but although it`s only going to be a few pence less than I`m paying now in my current (old) contact, I`m happy to stay with PlusNet due to the good service I`ve had, easy contact and also having a Freephone option should everything go per-shaped! Which for me is a must given we sometimes have to reply on a mobile phone to call customer services and many companies don`t supply Freephone numbers. Something I always look for when joining any company.

Just waiting on my confirmation email to come through and that`s it. Only took minutes for the options team to answer the phone too! 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I'm pleased to hear you're sticking with us. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

I am too Gandalf. It seems a bit pointless to switch away if I`m being offered good service and not paying more than I have been previously, although I did want to ask a question regarding that.

Say for example after the June £1.00 price rise, which I already know about and have factored into my pricing, if after June PlusNet announced another price rise that I found was above my budget, do I still have that option of, "you can leave your contract within 30 days notice" of any further price rises? If this was to happen? I know that when price rises happen that customers can take that option to switch as long as they give official notice within a period of time after the rise is announced? 

My new contract will be for 24 months, so a lot longer than the 12 months I usually sign up for.