cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Plusnet still trying to charge me after cancelling the broadband

paraffindan

i am also having similar issue . i canceled my contract and my new broadband was up and running on the 6th of  november but plusnet took another payment out of my account on the 12th of november 

6 REPLIES 6
Anon
Pro

The advice is still the same, go to OFCOM and complain and get this lot hit in the pocket again.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @paraffindan

I'm sorry to see you've left us, and we've charged you for a time after your line was ceased.

The system will automatically work out your final bill within 21 days of your account being cancelled, which will include any due refunds and we'll send it back to your direct debit instruction if possible, if not then it should be issued by cheque.

If you have any further queries or concerns, please feel free to let us know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
paraffindan

well i checked my emails and theres was one yesterday informing me that my direct debit had been canceled for some reason and getting back into my account plusnet are telling me my next payment is due december Huh this is despite the fact ive had the " were sorry your leaving " email and the recycling old router email . left hand wouldnt appear to be talking to the right . 

in the same week i changed my broadband/landline     mobile phone     and electricity .. all 3 companies took direct debit payment after i left and all 3 now owe me money . im out of pocket to the tune of round about £150 this month   , the other thing all 3 companies have in common is that the end date of my contract was buried and it took a lot of digging to find .

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @paraffindan

Thanks for getting back in touch and I am very sorry for the issues you have experienced. I can see that your account is fully closed and final invoice should be with you soon. I understand that the next invoice date appears confusing but can assure you that there is no active service and the account is closed.

I do apologise for the inconvenience that this has caused and if you have any further questions feel free to get in touch.

paraffindan

I've still not had any money ack of plus net yet either
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic had posts from several threads merged and split into its own for better visibility and to aid staff.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'