cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random account cancellation

Helenday06

Random account cancellation

A few weeks ago we phoned to renegotiate our contract as ours had ended and the price had gone up. This went smoothly and we agreed a contract and all seemed great. A week or so after this, we received confirmation via email to say the new price was all good to go. However we then received a letter saying “sorry you’re leaving”. We obviously phoned straight up and spoke to three different members of staff, who were very polite and seemingly helpful at the time who told us they didn’t know why we received the letter or why it was on the system, but that they had sorted it and our account would be fine.

To our surprise we woke up yesterday morning to no internet service at all, so again we phoned back and explained the whole situation again. Again it was confirmed that we had arranged the new price, we had phoned to make sure the account wouldn’t be cancelled, but that again for a reason they weren’t aware the account had been cancelled.
We have been told that now a new account will have to be set up and that we will have to wait at least 10-12 working days for our internet to be on again. Quite frankly this is unacceptable. We have been with Plusnet for many years and despite a three week period without any internet (again no fault of our own, and no real explanation given), all has been good. However this would be a massive inconvenience at any time, let alone right now during the Covid situation, as I’m a teacher. At the moment I have to come home to mark, plan, set homework, and attend online meetings due to current Covid procedures in place. I now can’t do this at my work place and I also now can’t do it at home, and for potentially nearly three weeks! The stress and impact this has already had, and will continue to have is huge and not something that I feel it’s appropriate to just respond with “we don’t know”. To add insult to injury, the email they’ve sent us in regard to the new account, with the new price, says we will paying £40.98 which is far more again than £27.49 all included deal we agreed.

Mistakes happen and I understand that completely, but that’s why we phoned and spoke to three different people to make sure that any potential mistake could have been rectified in good time.
3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Random account cancellation

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Account/ Billing 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Helenday06

Now they’ve said the phone line won’t even be on until the 26th and they’ve changed our telephone number, the one I’ve had my whole life. This is truly unacceptable, especially as we have still had no answers! We hadn’t even been told we wouldn’t have a phone line anymore!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting in touch @Helenday06 

I'm really sorry to see what has happened.

Can you drop me a PM with your account username so I can investigate this and get it sorted?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet