Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RLS and amount still to pay

FIXED
teddysmum
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

RLS and amount still to pay

Though line and broadband are now declared as one, they are treated separately by providers, causing confusion to customers, though the government asked for the combination for clarity (because some were too stupid to realise that you don't get free broadband without conditions ).

My question is : If you have an eg £19.99 contract and pay RLS , what is left to pay each month, as it is no longer clear which part is for the line and I believe that RLS only applies to the line part of the charge (as in the name) ?

4 REPLIES 4
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: RLS and amount still to pay

@teddysmum 

If the £19.99 is the quoted price for Broadband including line rental then, if you pay LRS, Plusnet should deduct the monthly line rental payment, which is £19.00 from that price meaning your monthly bill, assuming no additions for phone calls etc., will be £0.00.

teddysmum
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Fix

I've been offered £18.99 by email, so they pay me 1p 😊

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@teddysmum 

Sorry, I mistyped, the monthly LRS is £19.99 and so you should be £1.00 better off! Not sure if I've seen a negative bill in such circumstances - it will be interesting to see what does happen!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @teddysmum 

For clarification if we've offered you to pay £18.99 for standard broadband and line rental, this would effectively mean your broadband's free of charge and there'd be a £1 discount towards the line rental. 

If you pay line rental saver, the broadband will remain free and the monthly rate of line rental will change to £0. This will likely means that any discounts that were added to the monthly rate of line rental will drop off as we can't discount no charge.

Paying line rental saver should still provide a saving but it may not be as big as a saving as it'd normally be, due to the discount we've offered to the monthly rate of line rental.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet