cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Billing Fiasco?

dhumble
Grafter

RESOLVED: Billing Fiasco?

I have been a loyal PlusNet customer since October 2002 and despite minor hiccups, have never had a major problem until the end of this February 2011.  I cannot believe that I was the only one to have a billing error at the end of February, having a bill almost double of  what it should be and I am sure that I am not the only one who still did not have it resolved at the end of March, with the adjustment to the balance being ignored and more money being taken from my account yesterday!
I guess that billing department are so busy with the problem, that is why it is painfully slow getting my billing support ticket responded to.  The first year that I've ever considered that an award for customer satisfaction could be ill-timed and unwarranted.
David
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Billing Fiasco?

I'm taking a look into this now, however at first glance we don't appear to have billed you incorrect at all. There seems to be some confusion around the bill at the end of Feb as previously your call charge period was running on a different date to the rest of your billing, this seems to have correct itself so you've got 2 line items on the same bill to allow for that correction.
I'll put a ticket on your account to try and explain a bit better there and in more depth.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
dhumble
Grafter

Re: Billing Fiasco?

I am currently in discussion with PlusNet support team about my billing issue and now believe it to be a isolated problem.

David
dhumble
Grafter

Re: RESOLVED: Billing Fiasco?

Following receipt of Chris Parr's reply to my support ticket, I can now see the error that has crept into my billings that resulted in the needed correction to my February 2011 bill.  The result was an almost double amount charged to my usual bill for combined broadband and telephone. 
I raised a support ticket and the initial response I got was that I had correctly seen an error and the respondee was crediting £65 to my account.  This did not happen and thus I was quite upset to be debited £66 this billing period when I expected no charge.  Chris Parr has satisfied me that the support respondee had got it wrong.
I therefore see a need for support staff to receive training for dealing with billing matters.  This would alleviate such errors which cause much anxiety to the customer.  If such training does exist already, may I suggest that when a support staff member makes an error on a billing matter, that they have to re-attend such training.
I am usually quite happy with that support members technical responses that I have seen here on the community forum and accept that this was an honest mistake on their part.
Regards, David