Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Oct Billing fiasco

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: RE: Oct Billing fiasco

@LaurenB the cheque has arrived this morning from PN for £30.
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @Anon,

After checking your account, a member of our high level escalations team has been assigned to case handle your complaint. The complaint has been taken off hold today and the case handler will be in touch shortly.

Hello everyone,

We’re aware that a small number of customers are still experiencing problems from our new billing system and we’re working hard to fix these legacy issues. We want to reassure those affected that may not have received a bill from us recently, we’re doing all we can to get everything back on track. We’re sorry that this isn’t the service customers have come to expect from us and give our assurance this will be sorted as soon as we can.

Under circumstances where bills have not been generated for longer than a 90 day period, we will only charge for the last 90 days leading up to the bill being generated and anything prior to this will be removed. We're also happy to set up a payment plan if the 90 day bill period is not affordable in one payment.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
george_seamons
Dabbler

Will this be the same even if the £30 cheque has been sent? How do I go about obtaining this £30 cheque if so?

Anon
Pro

@Jubby wrote:

Hi @Anon,

After checking your account, a member of our high level escalations team has been assigned to case handle your complaint. The complaint has been taken off hold today and the case handler will be in touch shortly.

Hello everyone,

We’re aware that a small number of customers are still experiencing problems from our new billing system and we’re working hard to fix these legacy issues. We want to reassure those affected that may not have received a bill from us recently, we’re doing all we can to get everything back on track. We’re sorry that this isn’t the service customers have come to expect from us and give our assurance this will be sorted as soon as we can.

Under circumstances where bills have not been generated for longer than a 90 day period, we will only charge for the last 90 days leading up to the bill being generated and anything prior to this will be removed. We're also happy to set up a payment plan if the 90 day bill period is not affordable in one payment.

Thank you.

I am considering leaving, and have it in writing that you will not charge me exit charges for non-completion of contract, which you have broken. Would a member of staff please confirm that this section of the T/C's refers to advance line rental in the event that I chose that route.

17.1.1. if you have paid any charges in advance we'll refund you for any services not used, but we'll first take off any money you owe us under our agreement(s).

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @george_seamons, can you please advise what the £30 cheque relates to?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @Anon, I have chased your complaint up with your case handler who will pick up the ticket later on today. I have advised them of your concerns and they will be able to discuss this with you.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Anon
Pro

@LaurenB wrote:

Hi @Anon, I have chased your complaint up with your case handler who will pick up the ticket later on today. I have advised them of your concerns and they will be able to discuss this with you.

Waste of time.

I was asking for a deadlocked code, so I could complain to Ombudsman Services, to show they agreed that they had no answers. Pnet tried to say we were not deadlocked, but they can't provide the billing service, that they have not provided for months, and that I asked for. Eventually got them to agree we were deadlocked, but code would be as soon as they could provide it. So will go   to Ombudsman complaining about that too.

Can someone clarify the question I posed above please? Or do I need to complian that no one will answer real questiuons about their account?

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @Anon, I have added a response on your ticket here.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Anon
Pro

@LaurenB wrote:

Here is the reply. What is untrue in the statement is that they offered me a refund, I was told that they would not charge me the usual cancelation charge.

Thank you for getting back to us on the forums.

The sub-point of the T&C's you have provided does not relate to the Line Rental Saver. The Line Rental saver terms (Section 9.1.of the Plusnet Phone Terms) supersedes the point in section 17.1.1 of The Standard Terms.

With that being said, we offered to cancel your contract without termination costs as a proposed resolution to your high level complaint and as part of this we would refund the remaining line rental saver, upon your acceptance.

As this is still an open complaint, I would ask that you raise any further questions or concerns with case handler either via this ticket or call 0800 587 2677.

To prevent any further confusion and inconvenience we are unfortunately unable to answer any further questions relating to this complaint via the forum platform and you will be referred to your case handler. Should have have any other queries, however, we would be happy to assist.

george_seamons
Dabbler

@LaurenB , that was my question! Several people seem to be mentioning receiving a £30 cheque, I assume as the result of a complaint? How do I go about actioning this? After being without a correct bill since September, I would like to think I would be entitled to the same £30 cheque as others.

@goldenfibre how did you go about getting the £30 cheque?

Anon
Pro

@LaurenB wrote:

Let me just remember one or two FACTS

1. For months Pnet DENIED that they had a problem

2. This has being going on for over 6 months and I per sonally have not had access to my account nor have had a DD take n since November last year.

3. I have been told on several ocassions that Pnet could not give any timescale for any resolution.

4. Despite being  told no end in sight as an answer to my complaint they have maintained we are not deadlocked, (under pressure they have agreed we are) and no code (I do not  have one at present)  prevents me from complaining through the Ombudsman Services, which to answer the op's question is where the customer said that they had been awarded £30.

As I said above that whilst I am seeking to explore all angles open to me, I have been offered no early release charges, but not previously been offered a refund of my Line Rental. The issue with leaving at this juncture for me is the posts earlier where people were still being charged when they had left and being threatened. If it is a me ss and a half now, maybe it can only get worse trying to cancel a subscription early and making refunds.

Is it surprising that your long suffering customers, and I have been a very long customer,was a customer, when they were a private company, years before BT, are past frustration with what is suposed to be a large company, a subsiduary of the household name in telecommunications, who advertisers that they "will do you proud".

Not fit  for purpose.

Anon
Pro

@george_seamons wrote:

@LaurenB , that was my question! Several people seem to be mentioning receiving a £30 cheque, I assume as the result of a complaint? How do I go about actioning this? After being without a correct bill since September, I would like to think I would be entitled to the same £30 cheque as others.

@goldenfibre how did you go about getting the £30 cheque?

From earlier postings...went through Arbitration Services, one can do that after a for mal complaint is deadlocked, but looking at their site, you can complain anyway it seems to me.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @george_seamons, thanks for your reply.

I am sorry if this thread has caused any confusion, however the £30 cheque is relating to a customer and their specific situation. It is not something that is being offered to all customers with billing issues.

If you have other issues surrounding your account that are not outlined in your open ticket here and that have not previously been addressed, please let us know and we would be happy to look into this.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
george_seamons
Dabbler

@LaurenB so what makes @goldenfibre more worthy of the £30 cheque than me?

Anon
Pro

I  t hink this post tells you,  george_seamons, why one has the £30 and you do not

@goldenfibre wrote:
Sadly there is no billing today since last bill in October 2018. Getting fed up with this now. Already complaint this to ofcom and ombudsman. Will complaint this to my local MP about this plusnet never seem care or bother to sort out billing issues. Really fuming and angry. And where is the cheque of £30 that plusnet agreed to give to me by Ombudsman Service that plusnet had offered me £30 by 1st February and deadline by 1st March. Still no sign of it.