Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Oct Billing fiasco

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: RE: Oct Billing fiasco

@EmilyD If the billing issues isn't resolved of more than 6 or 12 months I am sure there is a legal law that it shouldn't have to paid it all back but I am not too sure. But what gonna to happen if the contract is all finished the discount loyalty plus the referral scheme could be disappear and the outstanding bill will cause more mistake in large bill amount without any reduced?

I do hope the billing issues will be resolved ASAP not have to face lengthly waiting game! Sad

gerry_1

Detailed response received from Plusnet. Gives me the information I need in writing. I'm sure they will apply the same solution to all users who are caught up in this problem. My broadband & phone services are being supplied according to contract - just not paying for it at the moment! Can't be any fun as these technical glitches are notoriously difficult to sort. I'm willing to give them a break whilst they try and find the spanner in the works...Cool

We are aware of a major issue affecting a limited number of customer accounts including your own.

The issue itself is known as a queue error, where any actions on your account are stuck behind a single action that itself has an error on it.

When we say "actions" on your account this refers to any changes made to the account such as package updagrades/downgrades and certain payments.

We are not able to fix this at present, but the issue itself is being investigated. To prevent this from progressing further we placed a lock on your account that prevents it from being billed. This prevented us from attempting to take any incorrect payments from your bank.

To prevent this from causing serious financial distress we would only charge for the previous 90 days of service, and any charges over 90 days old will be automatically written off. We would also be contacting you in advance of when we start billing again to offer options for paying the bill for 90 days service such as payment plans.

Sadly there is no timescale until this is resolved, though as mentioned before we will contact you in advance once the errors have been fixed

Daniel28012
Rising Star

@EmilyD the outstanding balance been as high as it's going to be is a Plusnet fault not mine. I have even put in the ticket this is my position and it won't change but my ticket as of yet hasn't been answered. If your company won't agree to fix this mess we are in deadlock and send my deadlock letter without delay. The ombudsman charges are more than my termination fees so because of what your company is doing means that they won't profit from me this contract but they only have themselves to blame because of the poor service.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

@EmilyD Please explain if Plusnet are stated this:

To prevent this from causing serious financial distress we would only charge for the previous 90 days of 
service, and any charges over 90 days old will be automatically written off
Daniel28012
Rising Star

@EmilyD My response to my ticket isn't lost in the virtual post by any chance. I wonder if my bills there as well??.

Plusnet really have screwed up. The response to the issue should not have been freeze the bill in the entirety. It should have been to temporarily ask the customers to stop there direct debit and 1 make sure that there services remain active without the direct debit. 2 explain the situation to the customer and give them a point of contact incase the bill is wrong and 3 credit the bill with incorrect charges each month until fixed and lastly take the payment by debit card when both sides agree that the bill for a particular month is correct.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

@EmilyD It's making me stressed out and sleepless at night really worry about outstanding bills of when it will be? This is making me depressed and I am unemployed at present due to my mental illness stress health. These are not helping me at all.

I need to know what PN has been doing so far on my billing issues and what have they been doing lately? So far, no one seem to care but they shouldn't suspend my direct debit bill without my knowledge. I bet debt collectors will coming in the post soon for unpaid for service I use and put poor credit rating on my name.

Daniel28012
Rising Star

@goldenfibre

It's stressing me out to. I have multiple sclerosis and the ms Nurse says I have to reduce all forms of stress as stress effects my condition however it's easier said than done where Plusnet is concerned. I have only been a customer since November 5th of last year and nothing has been right since day 1.
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @goldenfibre and @Daniel28012

I'm afraid we don't currently have any updates on when the issue will be fixed but we doing everything we can to resolve it as swiftly as possible. Unfortunately it is not a simple process and can take some time. Once this issue has been resolved, customers will be emailed and notified of their bills being unsuspended, the email will also include any outstanding balances due. As my colleague has already advised, we're more than happy to look into payment plans once we've been able to resolve the issue. 

Apologies for the inconvenience this is causing

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

@EmilyD I can't believe it. Plusnet has sent me a letter this morning in the post to resolved it with Ombudsman Service and talk about £30 cheque but unbelievable there is no sign of any cheque of £30 inside in the letter. Nothing inside. Just a plan normal letter. Sad but ticket did say the cheque is on his way by post. Very annoyed.

Daniel28012
Rising Star

I'm going to hazard a guess that your check will arrive separate to the letter you received today.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @goldenfibre, cheques will be sent out separately I'm afraid, as have to be sent to the relevant team to be issued.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Anon
Pro

Please clarify the staement quoted above that all monies over 90 days old will not be claimed. Or is that just something you have said to a particular customer.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Anon, customers affected by these issues have been individually contacted and informed of the current status of the account and what will happen going forwards.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
george_seamons
Dabbler

When I was contacted, all I was told was a payment plan could be made to pay off the amount owed. At no point did it say it would only be 90 days worth. Why is it different for different customers?!

Please confirm ALL affected customers will only have to pay 90 days.

Anon
Pro

@LaurenB wrote:

Hi @Anon, customers affected by these issues have been individually contacted and informed of the current status of the account and what will happen going forwards.

That is just not true. I am affected and no one has discussed this with me. When I speak today about my complaint making untrue statements like this will now be added to it.

So along with the op above I ask again, will all bills only be for the previous 90 days.

Also why have you broken the DD guarantee by not informing customers that collection has been delayed?

Complain here https://www.directdebit.co.uk/DirectDebitExplained/Pages/Howtocomplain.aspx

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.