cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quite frustrated with cancellation

visakan

Quite frustrated with cancellation

End of my contract. I have placed an order with BT to take our phoneline after placing a cancellation on plus net services. Apparently there is a stop order on my services. Why would plus-net do this to customers? Clearly it is illegal in my opinion and ripping off customers while they can. Super frustating to reach any customer services agent. They tell us it is all clear to take over but clearly very sneaky and unethical.

4 REPLIES 4
agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

Re: Quite frustrated with cancellation

If I read your post correctly i believe that any problems with your move may be self inflicted.

Having cancelled with PLusnet they have done what you asked and placed a cancellation on the line.

The procedure for moving to another supplier as set up by Ofcom is to notify the new supplier who will handle everything and they handle toe cancellation with the old provider.

Plusnet have, in my opinion. done just as you requested and are therefore not doing wrong.

visakan

Plus net put a stop-order for no reason (errr to stop from take over, obviously). BT tells me unless Plus-net clears it it won't take over. I get your same replies from all advisors after waiting an hour on the phone. Easier to reply and assuming that will resolve, isn't it? Great, thanks for your wonderful service. Delighted.

agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

You assume that I am a Plusnet employee. I am not , I am a customer.

You told Plusnet to cancel and then asked BT to provide the new service. Wrong!

We all in this day and age have to use the protocol as set down by Ofcom.

Tell the chosen new supplier that you want to move to them and that is all you do!

The new provider tells the old supplier and all goes smoothly, hopefully.

No ceases on the line, no obstacles in the way, everything runs as Ofcom have set down in agreement with all service providers.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

PN put the stop order on the line because you told them to cancel, as has already been said.

The way phone and broadband lines are provided only ever allow one instruction at a time on a line.

Had you just asked BT to takeover your phone and broadband then you would not a have a stop order on the line.