cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quidco have declined my cashback

Josephine

Quidco have declined my cashback

After posting on here yesterday that Quidco have informed that Plusnet will not agree the £110 cashback, (the only reason I signed up to Plusnet rather than EE) the reply from Plusnet, as I can see is the same to many others in my position, is that the terms and conditions state you cannot have both the £50 cashback direct from Plusnet as well as the £110 cashback from Quidco. When I joined, a good few months ago now, I can confirm, absolutely, that these terms and conditions were not on the Quidco site, they are now because I have just checked, but they certainly wasn't before. Do Plusnet thinks we are all complete idiots, if the terms and conditions had been clearly posted on the Quidco site as they are now why would anyone go for the £50 cheque from Plusnet when they could have £110 cash from Quidco!!!!! I have just read again, as I did before, dozens (practically every other review), of reviews that state that customers were most certainly receiving both the cheque from  Plusnet and the cashback on top which proves my point that the T&C's did not apply until recently. Plusnet should come clean and at least accept the claims that were put in before the T&C's were visible. It's a disgrace. I also said my broadband speeds are slow and they suggest I phone, I really havnt got time to wait in a queue for an hour, I asked if I can leave Plusnet without penalties as this is what I wish to do now and they have totally ignored that question?
Josephine
3 REPLIES 3
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Quidco have declined my cashback

Surely your beef is with quidco, not PlusNet if you did not see the terms of the offer?
But from a purely practical point of view, did you really expect to get £160 to take up a new broadband contract? Would that not mean they were paying you for providing a service! Not the best business model!
Razorback
Grafter

When I signed to PlusNet over 2 years ago through Quidco the T&Cs were clear that cashback was not payable in conjunction with any other offer, so they have always been there. That fact that you may not have read those T&C's before clicking to say you have (we all do it) does not mean that they do not apply.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Just to confirm, I didn't suggest you to phone regarding your fault. I provided links to our troubleshooting guide and the page where you can raise a fault online.
Quote from: HarryB
It does look like your speeds may be a little lower than I'd expect, compared to your speed estimates.
I'd recommend trying our Troubleshooting Guide to try and improve this, however if that doesn't help, it's certainly worth raising the matter with our faults team Here. I can't see anything on the notes on your account to suggest you've been in touch to try and resolve the speed issues.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet