cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quidco cashback tracked then declined by Plusnet

sreee
Hooked

Quidco cashback tracked then declined by Plusnet

I placed a new order for Plusnet Broadband and phone on 29/12/17 after linking through from Quidco. The Quidco offer was for £60 cashback. Everything wemt ok during the sign up process and the Quidco logo was displayed alongside the message "in partnership with Quidco" as shown in attached screenshot I took during sign up.

I had confirmation email of the tracking of my cashback so thought that there wouldn't be any problem. My service went live on 16/01/18.

Now a few days ago on 01/02/18, the Quidco cashback has been Declined. What gives? Does Plusnet ever honour its cashback offers through Quidco?

Plusnet, please look into this and tell me why you declined my Quidco cashback.

Thanks

P.S. I've got several screenshots which I took during sign-up as proof of what the Quidco/Plusnet websites offered the day I signed-up.

19 REPLIES 19
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Quidco cashback tracked then declined by Plusnet

Sorry to hear that.

Have you raised a transaction query with Quidco?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
sreee
Hooked

Hi Matthew, Yes I have done that. Can you look into it please? If you need my Plusnet username I have PM’d it to you.
sreee
Hooked

Hello Matthew,
It’s been 2 weeks and I haven’t had any messages from you? I would appreciate it if you could not ignore my problem.
Thanks
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

Can you PM me your username and I'll be happy to look into this.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers for your username.

It looks like your account was created under a cashback offer directly from us instead.

We sent you an e-mail on the 20th January from no-reply@plusnetrewards.com with steps you can take to redeem it.

The link is only valid for 2 months so it'll expire on the 20th March.

Once you've redeemed it within that timeframe, we'll send out the cashback.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
sreee
Hooked

Gandalf

I signed up through Quidco as can be seen in the screenshot attached to my first post. I have more screenshots which I will post to give further proof. Why are you ignoring this fact?

The Quidco cashback was for more than the Plusnet cashback you are talking about. I am entitled to the Quidco £60 cashback that initially tracked on my Quidco account but was subsequently declined by Plusnet for no apparent reason. Why does Plusnet decline valid cashback offered and completed via Quidco?

I strongly advise others not to sign up via Quidco if you expect to get cashback. Plusnet will just decline it at a later date when you can't change your mind, even after it tracks normally. There are clearly many others who have had the same problem if you read elsewhere on this forum.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It could be due to the cookies on your device which meant that the sale didn't attribute to Quidco.

More info can be found here. Sorry for any disappointment caused.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
sreee
Hooked

Gandalf,

I have been using cashback sites sucessfully for nearly 10 years. I know exactly how these sites work and obviously cleared my browser cookies before making this purchase.

As I said before, the sale DID attribute to Quidco. Look at the screenshot I took during signup - it clearly shows "in partnership with Quidco" on the top right:

plusnet5_top.pngThe cashback then tracked immediately after I finished signing-up.

There is something wrong with your website which means Plusnet is mis-selling to people like myself. Kindly escale my complaint to your complaints department given that you seem intent on blaming me for this, and I have been left out of pocket.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Can I call you back to discuss this further? -Anoush

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
sreee
Hooked

Yes you can call me if it involves fixing the cashback. Thanks
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers for your time on the phone.
As discussed, I tried to call you back again just now but there was no answer.

I've raised a ticket onto your account which I believe should resolve this.

You can view and reply to this from here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=170202500

I hope this helps.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
sreee
Hooked

Anoush, sorry I missed your call and your email offer to make up the difference between the Quidco and Plusnet cashback.

I don’t understand why the Plusnet website indicated that I would get both the Quidco cashback and the Plusnet cashback when I was signing up via Quidco. This is mis-selling. Why does Plusnet think this kind of practice is acceptable? Are they hoping that consumers won’t notice?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Our cashback terms here do advise that you can't claim two types of cashback I'm afraid.

I don’t understand why the Plusnet website indicated that I would get both the Quidco cashback and the Plusnet cashback when I was signing up via Quidco

Mind letting me know where you were advised this?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
sreee
Hooked

Anouch, here's screenshots of what I saw when I signed-up for Plusnet (£60 through Quidco, £50 from Plusnet):

plusnet1.pngplusnet3.pngplusnet5_top.png

You tell me where it's clearly shown that the offers don't work together on these pages. Obviously Plusnet can hide it in the T&Cs but that doesn't mean its not mis-selling.