cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quidco cashback on new signup declined as "Retailer Decision"

beastman
Dabbler

Quidco cashback on new signup declined as "Retailer Decision"

I'm currently with BT and put my order in to moved to Plusnet and everything tracked as expected. Happened to be on the quidco site and to my surprise it now shows as declined as "Retailer Decision". I have never had this declined as "Retailer Decision" with dozens of topcashback/quidco transactions. The broadband is due to transfer on the 11th August. According to the signup email I appear to have 14 days to cancel but that expires tomorrow! 

All very weird. If anyone can offer advice, I'd appreciate it.

thanks

9 REPLIES 9
beastman
Dabbler

Re: Quidco cashback on new signup declined as "Retailer Decision"

24 hours later and no reply - called plusnet this morning & gave up waiting - call this afternoon finally got through and was told not no one could confirm why this legitimate transaction would be denied cashback via Quidco and that I would have to ask Quidco - I advised as this declined due to "Retailer Decision" that it would be passed back to Plusnet. Plusnet have now cancelled my transfer request and refunded me.  

Poor service and passing the buck when it comes to cashback issues. Woeful.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I'm afraid the forums are not an instant response support channel, however if you bear with us, I will be sure to provide you an update shortly once I've had a look over your account.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Looking over the account briefly, it appears the Quidco offer would have been rejected as there is nothing to suggest your account was signed up through the Quidco affiliate link.

We would have been able to escalate this with our affiliate/marketing team to investigate further, however as you've decided to cancel instead, there's not much more I can really do at this point to help.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
beastman
Dabbler

Thanks HarryB - I did not sign up using the user name you have checked (my forum user name here is from when I have been previously with plusnet)  - please check this one: [Removed]. If it helps this is the service ID:[Removed].

Obviously your contact centre passed the buck and said no one could investigate this properly which doesn't match your statement that the affiliate/marketing team to investigate further. I would like to know why this legitimate cashback was refused as I will consider coming back to Plusnet if I can be assured this wont happen again. Also I should add that if I hadn't by chance had been on the Quidco site and seen this declined notification (1 day left within my cancellation period) my broadband would have transferred leaving me 70 pounds out of pocket. Presumably that is not the way you want new customers to start with you!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum to an area that staff can see.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@beastman wrote:

Thanks HarryB - I did not sign up using the user name you have checked (my forum user name here is from when I have been previously with plusnet)  - please check this one: [Removed]. If it helps this is the service ID:[Removed].

I had previously checked the correct account by searching your email address.

@beastman wrote:
I would like to know why this legitimate cashback was refused

@HarryB wrote:
it appears the Quidco offer would have been rejected as there is nothing to suggest your account was signed up through the Quidco affiliate link.

@beastman wrote:
I will consider coming back to Plusnet if I can be assured this wont happen again. Also I should add that if I hadn't by chance had been on the Quidco site and seen this declined notification (1 day left within my cancellation period) my broadband would have transferred leaving me 70 pounds out of pocket. Presumably that is not the way you want new customers to start with you!

While I'm afraid I cannot guarantee that affiliate signups will never fail to track correctly, what I can assure you is that I'm happy to look in to matters like this and investigate them as I have done for a few other customers here on the forums.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
beastman
Dabbler

HarryB wrote:
it appears the Quidco offer would have been rejected as there is nothing to suggest your account was signed up through the Quidco affiliate link. While I'm afraid I cannot guarantee that affiliate signups will never fail to track correctly, what I can assure you is that I'm happy to look in to matters like this and investigate them as I have done for a few other customers here on the forums.

Thank you for investigating this. Also, could you also advise what you mean re the above highlighted statement? I clearly used Quidco and clicked through them to the Pluset site and it the transaction tracked as normal so unless I am missing something that doesn't make any sense. I can send you screenshots if you wish.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

As you've arranged the cancellation of your account and a refund of the initial fees I may not be able to stop this in time, but do feel free to give us a call to stop the cancellation and then PM me the screenshot and I'll happily escalate that.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
beastman
Dabbler

No use me stopping the cancellation if it looks like the cashback isn't going through and I'm past the cancellation period is it?
PM sent with screenshots. Perhaps if you can investigate and let me know what happened and if its likely to happen again if I re-order?

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Apologies for the delayed response @beastman

I've had a look over the PM and that should be fine.

Luckily, your account hasn't actually been cancelled and no refunds have been issued yet because the cancellation wasn't put through first, so we should still be able to continue with the same account if you choose to.

If you'd like to proceed with your account, with the offer we've been discussing here, would you mind responding to the ticket on your account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=154860670

Advising you'd like to proceed with the orders/account with the £70 quidco offer and I'll get that picked up for you.

Thanks.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet