cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quidco cashback declined

deanlove

Quidco cashback declined

Anyone else had issues with Quidco recently?

I signed up in November through Quidco, service has been great but the cashback never came through. Opened a claim through Quidco that they apparently sent to Plusnet nearly six months ago, and today apparently Plusnet finally went back to them to decline with no explanation.

The weird thing is Plusnet were doing their own £50 pre-paid debit card offer at the time. The only way to *avoid* getting that bonus was to go through Quidco - you got a separate page with the Quidco logo and no debit card offer, obviously to stop people getting both. Decided to go for the Quidco offer as it was better (£85) so can't understand what has happened here. I could understand if somehow the browser sessions got crossed, and I'd ended up with the £50 debit card instead - annoying but understandable. But don't get how I can possibly end with neither? And it takes six months to confirm that?

12 REPLIES 12
maskle
Hooked

Re: Quidco cashback declined

Hi yes I had my quidco cash back declined this week. I know why, I transferred in March from John Lewis to Plusnet, then mid April my broadband and phone stopped working. When I called up I was informed my account had been cancelled and it appeared Plusnet had a fault in their system/process. They've now set up a new account. As John Lewis Broadband is supplied by Plusnet their admin process for some reason kicked in and cancelled my new account. As such the quidco cash back I believe has been declined because it looks like my account was cancelled which is not the case. I have raised a claim and will be interested to see if Plusnet get it right this time!!!

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @deanlove

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry that there has been no explanation attached to the response to Quidco.

I have had a look through and I haven't been able to see any affiliate at the time you signed up offering £85 cashback, that being said taking 6 months to gain a response. I have responded to you via a ticket on your account with further details, you can view this

@maskle

I am sorry to hear that your original account was cancelled, as this forum is only relating to Plusnet I cannot comment on your previous John Lewis account. I can advise that I cannot see on either the closed account or the new account any promotion codes relating to any cashback deals. Can you please advise how you signed up the original Plusnet account and how much the cashback offer was for?

Thanks

maskle
Hooked

Hi Warwick

Just to be clear it wasn't the John Lewis ac that plusnet cancelled, my username for my current account ends in 119, the cancelled account ends in 50, it was the account ending in 50 that got cancelled by Plusnet unceremoniously.

Maskle

maskle
Hooked

Hi Warwick

It was £85

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for the clarification @maskle

Could you send me a private message with a screenshot showing the failed/rejected cashback offer through Quidco?

I'll then go away and see what we can do to make things right.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
maskle
Hooked

Sent, although it wouldn't let me copy the image had to attach it as a jpeg

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for the screenshot, that's fine.

I've added a reply onto a support ticket which you can view and reply to from here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=189855210 that I hope helps. Once you've responded if you can nudge us over here we'll get it picked up as soon as possible.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
maskle
Hooked

Where is the fixed my problem button?

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Thanks for your response @maskle,

If you're signed into the forums it should be next to the button where you can reply.

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
maskle
Hooked

Hi

The is a thumbs up with a 0 next to it and the reply button, and yes I'm logged in, but nothing else!!!

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to us.

Can you try clearing your cache and cookies and also trying a different browser?

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
Browni
Aspiring Hero

The 'Fixed button is only available to the person who started the thread or moderators/admin.