cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quidco cashback declined + no plusnet cashback email either

jac1
Hooked

Quidco cashback declined + no plusnet cashback email either

Today I spotted on my Quidco account that  the £50  Plusnet cashback has been declined. I've raised a claim with them, as I couldn't see a reason why it would be declined.

I came onto the forums to look for advice and it looks like I'm not alone in this experience.

Reading through posts on here also reminded me that I was actually promised £50 cashback on the plusnet site, when I first signed up and I've not received an email about that either!

I can see why I wouldn't be entitled to both cashbacks, but to not get either is a bit gutting.

My experience with plusnet since day one has not been a good one - delays with connection, which only seemed to be dealt with after I commented on the Facebook page, not when I contacted through messages. Then problems connecting to the internet when service was finally set up, 10 days later than first expected, which took a lengthy phone call (including 30 mins on hold waiting for customer services to be available.)

My internet still disconnects overnight, every night and I have to manually reconnect it every morning - I haven't the time or the heart to spend ages on the phone to sort that out.

I didn't intend this to turn into a lengthy moan, but it just  goes to show that after my initial problems with service set up, to have cashback declined is, yet another disappointment  from Plusnet. Sad 

17 REPLIES 17
Animegav
Dabbler

Re: Quidco cashback declined + no plusnet cashback email either

I actually enquired regarding this prior to transferring to Plusnet. CS informed me that only one offer would be valid (cashback OR reward) in your case it could be attempting to claim both has invalidated both offers.
jac1
Hooked

I didn't purposely try to claim 2 cashbacks - I just went through Quidco, then processed my service set up.

It seems, contrary to their advert, nothing is straightforward with PlusNet.

I'm counting down the days to when I can lave - unfortunately it's nearly a year to go...

Anton555
Hooked

Hi, unfortunately I am having a similar problem. I signed up for the 40mb fibre package as Quidco were promoting £50 cashback. Everything went through fine, setup all good and service ok, cashback tracked at £50. Now the £50 cashback has been declined by plusnet/Quidco who are saying that there was no £50 cashback offer available on that date (08/06/2017) so they are not paying?! I have contacted Plusnet and they are blaming Quidco for false advertisement, Quidco are saying that the offer was not available..... so how did it track at the correct amount straight away? The whole thing stinks!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@jac1 and @Anton555

Sorry to hear of your poor initial experience. I've checked the cashback tracker for both affiliate and the sales directly through our site and it doesn't look like you signed up to an offer that's eligible for either I'm afraid. Sad

Do you have any screenshots of the offer?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jac1
Hooked

Definitely does stink! Wish I'd never gone with plusnet.
As soon as my contract's up, I'll be off - pity I'm stuck for a year!
Tags (2)
jac1
Hooked

No I didn't get screenshots, all I did was log in through quidco and process my transfer. It looks like I'm far from being the only one with this experience - has it not occurred to plusnet that it might not be the customers who are at fault?

It definitely said on the first screen of plusnet site that there was a £50 cash back - and it tracked on quidco.

I've had poor experience of this company from the start and can honestly say that this is the first time ever I have regretted signing up to a service, this early in a contract.
Anton555
Hooked

Hi Anoush and thanks for your reply.

I've been looking through the plusnet forum and it seems that this is not an isolated issue.... https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Cashback-declined/m-p/1463608.... other cases from around the same time as when I signed up.

Please find attached a screenshot of my tracked cashback, recorded against the correct amount (14.99) and for the correct amount (£50). Another forum member has posted a screenshot of their Quidco landing page (from the day after I signed up) and I have circled where the offer is shown at the bottom. Hopefully this will be enough for you to investigate further and get back to me?

Thanks for your assistance and hopefully this can be resolved.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Good news everyone, thanks for your patience.

I am happy to confirm that I've arranged for your cashbacks to be sent to each of you.

[I've created tickets on your respective accounts with more information]

Can you let us know if you don't receive it via the method I mentioned in your ticket?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jac1
Hooked

Thank you for dealing with this Anoush, I do appreciate the effort you've gone to.
Anton555
Hooked

Hi Anoush,

Thanks for getting this sorted out, very much appreciated. I have received notification of the ticket you have raised and shall keep a keen eye out for the payment. 

Best regards!

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Glad to hear Anoush got this sorted for you

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
JonathanRWalsh

I have also had my cashback declined despite having done everything properly. Can I also expect to have my cashback honoured?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Duplicate post removed.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
atc1

I also signed up to Plusnet with the offer of £50 quidco cashback and agift voucher from Plusnet but quidco have declined the cashback and I have still not received any email from Plusnet re the gift card despite being connected on 8 September.  I could have gone with another company but chose Plusnet for their competitive monthly rate and the cashbacks.  I certainly will not be recommending Plusnet to any of my friends who are presently looking for a new broadband supplier! They don't reply to any emails either!