cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quidco cashback declined for no reason?

phortune

Quidco cashback declined for no reason?

Hi
I joined Plusnet on the 25th of January after carefully comparing it to a deal with EE.  Plusnet came out on top, but only just, and relied on securing the £110 cashback from Quidco. I made sure that I cleared my cookies and followed the Quidco instructions to the letter to make sure I got the cashback.  Happily, the transaction tracked almost immediately , and I was looking forward to receiving the cashback.  Then two weeks ago I got an email from Quidco saying that Plusnet had declined it.  I have resubmitted the claim to Quidco but as yet heard nothing.
I did read on the forums that some people were refused for claiming Plusnet cashback.  I was sent an email offering an (undisclosed) amount of cashback if I applied within 2 months, but I did not take them up on the offer in case it affected my Quidco claim.  Now I am worried that if I do not accept the Plusnet cashback whilst waiting for the Quidco resubmission , I could end up losing out on both.
I know that cashback is not a given, but losing out on this cashback will make my deal so bad, that I will probably just end my contract as soon as it expires.
Has anyone else managed to claim this offer successfully?

10 REPLIES 10
Josephine

Re: Quidco cashback declined for no reason?

Hello there,
I to have had exactly the same problem, if you read the reviews on Quidco almost everyone has received both the cashback from Plusnet and from Quidco, nowhere in the terms and conditions when I joined months ago did it state this was a problem. I only joined Plusnet rather than EE or Sky, who both had cracking deals at the time, because Plusnet was a little cheaper factoring in the £110 cashback promised via Quidco. I paid the years line rental in advance and everything tracked perfectly. my cashback was declined by Plusnet, I raised another claim, Quidco actually stated they could see no reason why it had been declined originally and all would be well. I have, today been informed it has been declined again as I did not meet the terms and conditions but no further information is available, how can Plusnet and Quidco get away with not paying me a penny without telling me why, which term or condition did I not meet?? Please, Plusnet, email me and explain what the problem is, as I have ended up with average broadband speeds, a cheap and nasty looking router and a company that takes hours to answer the phone, not good. I should like to know if there are any penalties if I wish to cancel my contract now? After this experience I would not reccomend Plusnet to anyone and have said so on the Quidco site and will post on as many forums/review sites as I can...one dissapointment customer
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@phortune -
Quote from: phortune
I did read on the forums that some people were refused for claiming Plusnet cashback.  I was sent an email offering an (undisclosed) amount of cashback if I applied within 2 months, but I did not take them up on the offer in case it affected my Quidco claim.  Now I am worried that if I do not accept the Plusnet cashback whilst waiting for the Quidco resubmission , I could end up losing out on both.

Unfortunately when signing up, it appears you also opted for the Plusnet cashback offer that was on at the time which is why you received an email to redeem the Plusnet cashback offer.
As per a few of the other threads regarding quidco cashback, this voids the cashback from quidco as per their T&C's
Cashback will not be paid in conjunction with any other offer, voucher or discount code unless listed on this page, or with any other discounts such as staff or student discounts

I can however confirm that the link to redeem your Plusnet cashback is still valid for another month
Has anyone else managed to claim this offer successfully?

I've checked with the people that check/authorise the offers through to quidco and can confirm plenty go through without a problem.
@Josephine -
As per my comments above, the quidco T&C's do state that the offer will not be paid in conjuction with any other offer.
I am sorry if quidco didn't initially advise any reason for their offer being declined and then later not explaining that this was the T&C that it did not meet, however as you also opted for the Plusnet cashback offer upon sign-up, this will have voided the quidco offer as per their T&C's.
Quote from: Josephine
how can Plusnet and Quidco get away with not paying me a penny

Looking at your account, I can see your Plusnet cashback offer was redeemed and the cheque was sent out to you back in January.
Quote from: Josephine
as I have ended up with average broadband speeds, a cheap and nasty looking router and a company that takes hours to answer the phone, not good. I should like to know if there are any penalties if I wish to cancel my contract now?

It does look like your speeds may be a little lower than I'd expect, compared to your speed estimates.
I'd recommend trying our Troubleshooting Guide to try and improve this, however if that doesn't help, it's certainly worth raising the matter with our faults team Here. I can't see anything on the notes on your account to suggest you've been in touch to try and resolve the speed issues.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
phortune

It really should have been made very clear on the plusnet sign up page that accepting your offer would void any third party cashback offers.  A quick search shows that I am not the only one to have been cheated by this.  Cashback offers during sign ups from affiliates are a sneaky way of hooking people in then paying less out.  I left Talk Talk due to their underhand selling tactics (and bare-faced lying) and do not feel that this is a good start with plusnet (and yes...your router is cheap and nasty looking).  Oh well...I'll take your cashback for what it is worth, but will certainly be looking to change provider come January.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I am sorry you feel that way, however in regards to:
It really should have been made very clear on the plusnet sign up page that accepting your offer would void any third party cashback offers.

As per my previous post, it does advise in the quidco T&C's that the cashback offer through them will not be paid in conjunction with any other offer.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
freedomofspeech
Grafter

i completely agree with you phortune on the comments that you have made - plusnet have used this ploy to scam people.
It is marketing ploy by Plusnet becuase at the end of the day the only way that you can invoke the plusnet afflilation with quidco is to go through quidco.
and even if - like you have - not claimed via the plusnet voucher that is sent out via the email  they still as you say wont pay the £110 that is due.
so it is a complete scam !!
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I have been advised that when signing up through quidco, this automatically takes you to a screen to the relevant offer for the quidco cashback to be valid (without cashback through us) and that in order to void the quidco cashback, you'd need to select another offer other than the one auto-selected when going through the quidco affiliate sign-up.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
freedomofspeech
Grafter

So for clairication harry is what you are saying from your post that
1) a person clicks on the quidco link which takes them subsequently to the link on the plusnet page for them to sign up with the main offer ie 12 months free broadband - then they will get the quidco cashback
or
2) if they want to avail themselves of the plusnet offer i.e. cashback straight from plusnet - rather than the quidco offer then they have to click on any other product on the plusnet page apart from the main advertised offer ?
Can you confirm precisly what you are saying and from where you have received your information from ?
phortune

Thank you for the support freedomofspeech - It will be interesting to get some informed clarification on this matter.  The main issue that I have, is that having clicked correctly through a third party site like Quidco, your company should not then use underhand tactics to void the transaction before it is completed.  I am a reasonably intelligent person and I was being overly diligent in order to complete the sign up successfully.  I don't remember the on-screen options at the time, but I certainly would not have clicked on your lesser cashback offer had it been clearly stated (not hidden in the T&Cs) that it would then nullify my Quidco cashback.  I'm sure they are aware of this tactic, but I will drop a note to Quidco, if only to add my name to the growing list of people who have also been duped this way.
Mav
Fixes: 514

It really should have been made very clear on the plusnet sign up page that accepting your offer would void any third party cashback offers.  A quick search shows that I am not the only one to have been cheated by this. 

But if you clicked through a 3rd party site like Quidco whose T&C clearly states that their offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer I don't understand why you should feel feel so aggrieved or even cheated.
You chose to accept accept PN's cashback offer which, obviously, voids that from Quidco.
I always treat a cashback offer as a bonus and not part of what sways my decision to purchase, that way it does avoid disappointment if any cashback gets rejected. I must say that, so far, I have not had a cashback offer rejected from either Quidco or TopCashBack.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

freedomofspeech
Grafter

mav - what you have said contradicts the comment that Harry B has made above