Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quidco cashback declined by Plusnet

FIXED
davsee
Hooked

Quidco cashback declined by Plusnet

I placed a new order for Plusnet Fibre and phone on 19/6/17 after linking through from Quidco. The Quidco offer was for £80 cashback. I had confirmation email of the tracking of my cashback (still have it) so thought that there wouldn't be any problem. How wrong could I be!!!! This last week I had a 'cashback declined' email from Quidco. Obviously not happy I immediately raised a claim and Quidco resubmitted my details to Plusnet. Yesterday I received another 'cashback declined' email from Quidco. Here is and extract from it explaining why it was rejected:

Please do be assured that we have challenged this further with the retailer, but unfortunately have not been able to obtain a positive response on this occasion.
The retailer has informed us that a voucher code or discount was used when your purchase was made. Please be aware that use of any discounts that aren’t advertised on Quidco will cause the cashback to be declined, as this will break the link between Quidco and the sale.
To explain further, cashback is a referral fee that we receive from the retailer for passing your sale over to them. When you use a voucher code or discount from an external source, this will mean that the provider of this discount is seen as the referrer of the sale, not Quidco, and so we would not receive the referral fee.

I replied stating categorically that I did not use any other voucher or discount code but they are adamant that they can do no more and Plusnet will not reconsider.

Can someone at Plusnet please explain just what voucher code or discount I am supposed to have used? As far as I am concerned I have not used anything other than the Quidco link and I'm absolutely fuming - The £80 cashback was the decider on me placing the order in the first place so to have it declined for reasons that are just untrue is unacceptable customer service. Plusnet, the company that try to tell us how brilliant their customer service is in their ads. It's such a shame as I had been telling everyone who asked how pleased I was with the ease of transfer and the overall package - not now.

Davsee

39 REPLIES 39
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Quidco cashback declined by Plusnet

Fix

I've checked over your account and this does show it was signed up through Quidco, I'd advise raising another dispute with Quidco and we'll reprocess this at the end of the month, so please let us know if you've not heard back again early September.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
davsee
Hooked

Thanks Chris. 

I have emailed Quidco again with copy of your reply. Lets see what happens this time.

David

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fingers crossed David

Keep us posted

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
davsee
Hooked

Well thanks to you guys/gals at Plusnet support. Here is a copy of an email received today from Quidco:

Hi there,

I've taken a look into your account for you and I can see that this has been approved by the retailer but they are yet to send the funds over to us.

As this has been approved I've now arranged for this to be paid to you from our own funds in advance, so that you don't have to wait any longer to receive your cashback payment. This will update to confirmed within the next few hours, and be available for payment in the next 72 hours.

Sure enough the £80 is now available in my Quidco account. So I don't know who's [-Censored-] up it was in the first place but well done for getting it sorted for me.

Now am I also entitled to a £50 gift card from Plusnet as well? I've seen other mention it. Or am I just being cheeky now?

Cheers

David

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Happy to hear that David

@davsee wrote:
Now am I also entitled to a £50 gift card from Plusnet as well? I've seen other mention it. Or am I just being cheeky now?

I'm afraid you'll only be eligible for one type of cashback Wink

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
davsee
Hooked

Lol thanks. Didn't really expect the £50 as well.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Always worth a try. Roll_eyes

Let us know if we can be of further assistance

Anoush

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Jamess

Hello Gandalf,

Could you have a look at mine too please?  I'm currently in the same situation. 

Thanks. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi there,

From what I can see your account was also setup via Quidco cashback

Can you raise a transaction query with them and let us know how that goes?

Anoush

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Jamess

Hello Anoush,

I have raised this with Quicdo twice and received the same message as the person above.  

Thanks,

James

davsee
Hooked

Hi James. It took me 3 attempts too but finally they accepted my claim and immediately put the cash into my account to take. Keep trying.
D
llyrgd

Hi,

I've just seen the same 'Declined' message for my account (signed up on 19/07/17) for £70 cashback. 

Please could someone look into this from Plusnet? I've contacted Quidco too, as without the cashback the deal is no more attractive than with other providers. 

Thank you!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Jamess I'm advised by our marketing team that we approve cash backs at the end of the month.

@llyrgd Can you let us know how your Quidco account looks in a couple of days?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Jamess

@Gandalf thanks for the update, I can see another Quidco transaction has appeared and is classed as pending.  Thank you for your help with this.