cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quidco cashback declined before account even active?

rockfortrock

Quidco cashback declined before account even active?

Hi

My Quidco cashback for £75 for new broadband sign-up has been declined in record time (6 days in fact) before I have even received an account number.

The transaction tracked immediately and my sign-up page even had the Quidco logo at the top, so I can not understand why this has been rejected so quickly.

My years advance line rental fee has been taken and I go live in the next 2 days, so assume no problems with account.

Anyone else had this?

8 REPLIES 8
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Quidco cashback declined before account even active?

Welcome to the community forums.

I've checked your account and I can see the offer code you signed up to entitles you to cashback directly through us. If you definitely went through Quidco it's possibly due to a cookie suppression issue. More info can be found here.

We'll send you an e-mail within 10 days from when your account activates. The e-mail will explain how to redeem your cashback and once redeemed you'll receive a cheque within 30 days.

Sorry if this causes any disappointment.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rockfortrock

Okay thanks for checking.  It is very frustrating as I would obviously rather have the £75 offered through Quidco than the £50 Plusnet and I am certain that it is not a cookie issue.  What is strange is that the Quidco logo appeared at the top of the sign-up form, so I don't know why your cashback promotion is overriding the Quidco offer.  Is there any way I can forfeit one toget the other?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Unfortunately it looks like the decision has been made for us as your Quidco cashback has been declined.

It appears that the cashback through us for some reason has superseded the affiliate cashback.

We should know for sure within the 10 day period after your account activates.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

We should know for sure within the 10 day period after your account activates.

We've checked your account and we can see that your cashback is showing on our side now, so we'll send you an e-mail to redeem it within 10 days from when your account activates.

Sorry again for any disappointment caused with regards to the affiliate cashback

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rockfortrock

I have now received the email to claim your cashback (within 2 months, not 10 days like you state above).  I am disappointed - you really shouldn't advertise a higher rate on affiliate sites to draw customers in and then force them to take a lesser amount through your own scheme.  I know that the Quidco transaction tracked 100% successfully as I have a 'confirmed' bonus from signing up to Plusnet (just not the actual cashback)...I can't risk raising a claim with Quidco because they won't allow me to open one before 35 have passed since activation and by the time it has been sent to you, I will have missed out on the Plusnet cashback and have nothing.  I know it's only £25 but I am fed up with companies offering great cashback only to have it frequently declined for undisclosed reasons.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

You'll receive the e-mail within 10 days and you'll have 2 months to redeem the cashback.

Did you clear your cookies before going through the affiliate process?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rockfortrock

Thanks Gandalf.  As I said - I have received that email and the cashback tracked fine through Quidco. Maybe there is a broken link somewhere on the Quidco sign-up page, as I am always sure to clear my cookies before making a big purchase (it just seems strange that it was declined so quickly without reason).

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I tried to call you just now to discuss this further, but there was no answer.

I've raised a ticket on your account which I hope helps resolve this.

You can view and reply to the ticket from here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=170151097

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet