cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quidco cashback declined as "voucher or discount was used during purchase"

mightykaboosh

Quidco cashback declined as "voucher or discount was used during purchase"

There's so much wrong with this it's untrue. Firstly Quidco had 2 listings for the same product. Fixed price unlimited fibre + line rental. One paying at £60 with a £10 connection fee, the other paying at £75 with no connection fee.

I selected the first one to come up on Quidco which was the £60 option. I provided the Quidco rep at the time with a screen shot of this and they said that they would look into this and as a gesture of goodwill refund me 50% of the difference.

Today I was told that my Quidco had been declined by Plusnet as a "voucher or discount was used during purchase". I wouldn't have used a code if it would have impacted on £60 cashback unless it was specifically listed on Quidco's own site.

I've had no mention of what code used. I was initially annoyed that I'd been cheated out of an additional £15 plus the £10 connection fee which I didn't need to use if only I'd selected the other £75 link! Topcashback would never have 2 links for the same product. 

I feel like I've been cheated out of the cashback that led me to choose Plusnet at the time. 

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Quidco cashback declined as "voucher or discount was used during purchase"

Thanks for getting in touch @mightykaboosh 

I can see your account tracked on a £70 reward card cashback offer you've claimed direct through us. Unfortunately as per both our and Quidco's terms and conditions, two types of cashback can't be used in conjunction with one another. 

If you wanted the Quidco cashback over our own cashback then you'd have needed to clear cookies and any other open tabs in your web browser to ensure that the sale tracks through Quidco, I believe that's advised on their site. 

There's some more information regarding cashback process on our FAQs Here.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mightykaboosh

I don't quite see how this is 2 types of cashback. The Quidco cashback was the one stipulated on their site. I followed the link and went through the process to sign up for 18 months with Plusnet. Quidco had 2 links for the same product. I paid an unnecessary £10 activation fee which I didn't have to, as the other link on their site didn't require it, it also paid at a higher rate.

I closed down all browsers and followed the routine which I've done for a decade and never not been paid out on. The reward card was not cashback, it was a reward card! there were no cookies involved, it was fill in a form and receive a "gift" card!

This is pure shysterism at it's best. I had a mobile contract with Plusnet closed 26/12/18 it had credit in it for 8 months as I kept getting a bill via email telling me I was in credit even after the account closed. Then all of a sudden it just disappeared, any normal company would just sent a cheque out with it.

I wish I'd looked at the trustpilot reviews prior to getting tied in to an 18 month contract. 1.4/5 says it all. I've been bitten twice now. I can categorically state that I will be leaving as soon as 18 months are up!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @mightykaboosh I apologise for the confusion. Cashback can come in various forms; reward card, electronically via a cashback site, Amazon voucher (Although I believe we've not offered that in a while) or a cheque etc. As per both ours and Quidco's terms we'll only pay out one of these.

Can you drop me a PM to confirm your account username and a contact number I can reach you on to discuss this further?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet