cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quidco cashback claim declinded

littlejf6

Quidco cashback claim declinded

Maybe someone from the plusnet team could help,12 months ago I took a new line, broadband and line rental with plusnet and used Quidco for £135 cashback. The offer was expiring soon, so I took it. It took along time for my phone line to be installed (dont think this was to do with plusnet but open reach), after checking, I never received my cashback and I had followed up/inquired with Qudico, checking my emails they said that it was declined by plusnet.

The reason being that your site was also offering a smaller cashback at the time. There was no way to decline that offer (or I only redeemed it after my claim was declined, think the long delay in getting my phone line caused an issue). Surely I should have received the higer cashback rate , because that would imply that no one could have got the cashback from quidco while plusnet were running an offer on, on their own site.

Quote below from Quidco

"I’m very sorry to inform you that your claim has been declined by the retailer because during your transaction you redeemed a cashback offer direct from Plusnet that was not in conjunction with the cashback offer on Quidco."

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Quidco cashback claim declinded

Sorry to hear your Quidco cashback was declined

If we've provided you with cashback directly, it's very likely the sale wasn't attributed to the affiliate. This is usually a cookie suppression issue. More over can be found over here: https://www.topcashback.co.uk/Help/96

Whilst the link takes you to the TopCashBack site, I find that the TCB help page is pretty good at explaining this type of problem as it basically works in the same way as Quidco.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
littlejf6

Hi Gandalf

I don't believe it was a cookie issue, as it all appeared on Quidco and was tracked etc, just that Plusnet declined to give the cashback. And then I questioned it through Quidco around that time. I paid for the service in August 2016 but only finally went live in October Roll_eyes

I was sent an email when the service went live to claim the plusnet's cashback offer, but this was well after the qudico cashback was declined by plusnet

I think this was poor marketing by Plusnet at the time.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

It's likely we'd declined the affiliate cashback, because the sale was attributed as a direct sale through plus.net instead.

Apologies for any disappointment caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet