Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quidco cashback - can't resolve mixup with new sign-up referral

NorthPole
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

Quidco cashback - can't resolve mixup with new sign-up referral

I signed up via Quidco as a new Plusnet customer earlier today, and during the process entered the details of another Plusnet customer (in fact my brother) as a referrer. Only now do I realise, having gained access to this Forum, that this may well cancel my own cashback payment from Quidco. I have raised a Ticket with Support (#71621695) to ask if there is any way to cancel the referral, as the cashback is potentially worth £38 to me (much as I would like to help out my brother!); and my brother has obligingly raised Ticket #71633473 to ask for his referral benefits to be waived.
Unfortunately, Plusnet Support keep replying that the issue is to do with the way that Quidco works; and suggest that the only way round is to cancel my sign-up and start the whole thing again without using a referral, which seems a lot of unecessary work for all parties. Moreover, I have also today contacted Quidco Support, who replied that it is entirely a matter for Plusnet and not caused by their own systems; Plusnet can either pay a referrer's fee to Quidco who return some to myself as cashback, or give my brother a referral payment via his bill, but obviously not both as it would lose them money.
As my brother is agreeable, I cannot understand why Plusnet will not simply cancel the referral and make payment of the cashback to me via Quidco. This is surely far less trouble for all concerned than cancelling a new account and starting the whole sign-up procedure again? I realise the mistake has been entirely mine, and apologise for it, but it is a disappointing introduction to Plusnet.
Is there anything a Plusnet rep. on the Forum can do to resolve the matter? - you often seem to able to succeed where others fail!
2 REPLIES 2
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Quidco cashback - can't resolve mixup with new sign-up referral

You may not get an answer to this before Monday as the staff who man these forums work Mon-Fri normal office hours.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
NorthPole
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Quidco cashback - can't resolve mixup with new sign-up referral

Just had an email from [removed] at Plusnet to tell me that the issue has been resolved! Happy bunnies now - thanks to all at Plusnet Support for being so patient with me - much appreciated!
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim): CSA name removed as per the forum rules but name noted for staff.]