cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quidco / Referrer Question

NightFox

Quidco / Referrer Question

Hi,
I signed up for Plusnet a couple of days ago for phone and broadband for my new flat.  I looked at quite a few ISPs, but once I'd sifted out the bad ones, of those left Plusnet got my business as they were cheapest after the current £50 Quidco cashback offer for phone & new phone line.  However, during checkout I also entered a friend's Plusnet user ID as a referrer, and I've just noticed on the Quidco site that it says I won't get the Quidco cashback if I've entered a referrer.  I've just phoned Plusnet CS and been told that for a referral to be paid, the referrer also has to contact Plusnet, so if I ask my friend not to do so then the referral won't get paid and I'll still get my Quidco cashback.
I'm not questioning the honesty of the CS rep, but I'm a bit cynical with stuff like this - can anyone else confirm if this is the case and I don't need to worry?
If I'm not going to get the Quidco cashback I can get cheaper with another ISP, though I need to cancel within 7 days (DSR) so I don't want to find after a couple of weeks that I'm not getting it.
Neil
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Quidco / Referrer Question

Hi NightFox,
for a referral to be paid, the referrer also has to contact Plusnet,

That's not correct I'm afraid, it's dependent on the correct username being entered at signup, as long as that is valid and the account type has a referral value then that's fine.
so if I ask my friend not to do so then the referral won't get paid and I'll still get my Quidco cashback.

Probably not, although they are an affiliate we don't have direct links to Quidco so you'd probably be best contacting them about that.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
NightFox

Hi, thanks for the quick answer.
I know Quidco will say that it's not up to them, it's down to whether the company (PN) pays out or not, though I'm guessing from what you say there's a third party involved between you and Quidco which means there's no-one I can actually contact about this.  Is there any way of getting the referral username removed from my original order?  I'm sure he'll forgive me!
dick:quote
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: NightFox
Is there any way of getting the referral username removed from my original order?

I can't see us being able to do anything if you signed up via a third party. We could probably remove the referral from your account, but I doubt this will have any effect on the original order.
Jojo Smiley