cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quidco Plusnet cashback declined

stev0016
Hooked

Quidco Plusnet cashback declined

Hi - I signed up to Plusnet broadband in July and went through Quidco as they were offering £70 cashback. The order went through ok and the cashback tracked but I noticed earlier this month that the cashback has been declined. I asked Quidco why it was declined and they said in their email:

On this occasion, the retailer has declined your cashback stating that a voucher or discount was used during the purchase.

As stated in the terms and conditions on the Quidco website, using any discount or voucher code that isn't listed on the Quidco site may result in your cashback being declined. This can include staff discounts, discounts applied by the retailer at check out stage, using a store specific credit card or using a gift card or points to pay for your purchase. Due to this, we will not be receiving the commission and we are unable to pass this to you as cashback.

I didn't used any promo codes or vouchers and just signed up to the standard offer for new broadband customers. I'd be grateful if someone could look into this please.

9 REPLIES 9
teddysmum
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Quidco Plusnet cashback declined

TCB did the same to me when I bought a £750 laptop from Medion. They said that Medion had declined because another offer was used. The laptop wasn't bought using a voucher (which does exclude you from any offer), but was permanently reduced. Medion used to reduce stock when a new , similar model was released, on a regular basis. 

teddysmum
Rising Star

Did you have a gift voucher or cheque as part of your deal as that is another offer unless it was mentioned in the Quidco's offer. That's why people advise others not to rely on cash back handouts.

stev0016
Hooked

I did get a Plusnet reward card yes but that was part of the new customer deal displayed after I clicked through from Quidco?

stev0016
Hooked

This is a screenshot of the Quidco landing page I signed up through:

Screenshot.png

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

If you looked at the T&C's you would have seen you can only get one reward.

Do you seriously think you were going to getboth?

stev0016
Hooked

Mustrum I saw Quidcos T&Cs but thought they were very vague - do you mean Plusnet T&Cs - have you got a link?

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

There is a link on your screenshot.

teddysmum
Rising Star

The cash back sites say you can't have two offers and you have one by accepting the voucher, so can't have cash, too.

stev0016
Hooked

I just don't see accepting an offer to (if you're lucky) receiving a reward card at some point in the future is the same as applying a discount code at the time of purchase.