cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quidco Cashback Problem

fredlucas

Quidco Cashback Problem

Hi All,
I moved into a new property in September 2012. Hunting around for good broadband and phone deals, I found that Plusnet were the cheapest when taking their deals into account.  I found that Quidco were offering £38 cashback, along with £25 from plusnet and a further 3 months half price. This offer was unique to Quidco.
I signed up to this offer via the link on the Quidco page (after clearing cookies etc to ensure the tracking was successful) and my order was placed. The cashback tracked, and thanks to the multiple half price deals that I received, I now have 3 months at quarter price, 6 months at half price and 3 months at full price. A couple of weeks after my account went live, I received a cheque from Plusnet for £25. I assumed that my cashback from Quidco would follow soon, but I was very surprised to find out that it had been declined.
An email to Quidco followed, and they wrote back: Response from Merchant. Enquiry Unsuccessful - Another marketing channel was credited with sale. I thought this was a little odd, as the offer was unique. I emailed Plusnet, and their response was: This offer for cashback was being made through Quidco themselves as an affiliated 3rd party marketing offer. As such we are not the company that are issuing the cashback payments and we have no means to be able to chase this up for you. I would recommend speaking to Quidco again to see why in this instance they have credited the incorrect account in error and to see if there is anything they can do to apply this offer correctly.  It seems that Quidco have said "talk to Plusnet" and Plusnet the opposite! Quidco have refused to take this problem any further so I'm stuck feeling a bit ripped off...
Since it was a Quidco exclusive offer, it seems impossible for another party to have claimed the cashback so it seems one of them is not quite telling the truth!
Looking on this forum, I can see that a fair few people have had problems with Plusnet and Cashback. I'd be grateful if anyone had any advice about how I could sort this out so I can get the cashback.
Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
matt_2k34
Grafter

Re: Quidco Cashback Problem

Quote from: fredlucas
I found that Quidco were offering £38 cashback, along with £25 from plusnet and a further 3 months half price. This offer was unique to Quidco.

Hi there Smiley Welcome to the forums..
To me it sounds like the £38 Cashback from QC was mutually exclusive to the £25 cashback offer from plusnet (e.g. you can only use one or the other - not both) Why Quidco was offering that I do not know...
Basically PN has already paid out, so QC won't (as PN wont have paid QC any monies for them "linking" you to PN) -if this makes sense?
I may be incorrect though, and im sure someone from the correct pool at PN will be able to take a prod. I alwyas Screenshot the offer and save it incase of disputes as they can always turn around and say 'its been misinterpreted by you...' and wash their hands of the problem.
^ These sorts of issues are why I no longer use Quidcrap and use TCB instead. (They do cashback matching so even if QC is cheaper, open a ticket, insert screenshot - boom. and no annual fee. Bargain.)
Regards
Matt
fredlucas

Hi,
Thanks for the idea of taking a screenshot of the offer, its an obvious thing to do now I think about it!
I've been in contact with QC who have confirmed that the offer I took up was: Get 50% off the monthly rental charge for any package for 9 months & £25 cash from Plusnet. Also, the cashback rate was £38 for a sign up to a broadband and homephone package [OK, I had the half price the wrong way around, PN were offering 3 months half price.]
So, I've had my 9 months half price, and a cheque from PN for £25. Can anyone at PN shed any light on why I've been declined the cashback?
Thanks 🙂
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi fredlucas,
If you've got any documentation that you can take to them that would certainly help.
I'll get this looked into and see if we can help in anyway with this.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I've updated your ticket #64252994 with an update Smiley You can view it <a href="https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=search">here</a>.