Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quidco Cashback Declined.

FIXED
wo0x
Grafter

Quidco Cashback Declined.

Hi, I received an email from Quidco today saying that my cashback of £50 was declined. I see there are many topics with the same issue, that have been resolved via a refund to the Plusnet account, and was hoping the same could happen in this instance.

I know cashback is never guaranteed, but it's not an insignificant sum, and definitely factors into the decision of which provider I join each time I switch. It's a little bit annoying that the email suggests I did something wrong. I've done exactly the same thing I always do, the only transactions that get declined are larger sums. This one, and BT previously (£150). The one with BT was resolved after a claim.

Cheers,

Wo0x.

7 REPLIES 7
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Quidco Cashback Declined.

Hi @wo0x

Thanks for getting in touch.

Quidco (and cashback from other affiliates) is often declined if another cashback offer was taken out at the point of sale. For example, if you used Quidco to gain cashback, but then signed up for a Plusnet deal that also provided cashback - it is not possible to claim both.

If this isn't the case, have you contacted Quidco to establish why they have declined your cashback?

Best wishes

Dave

wo0x
Grafter

Hi, Dave.

The email states.

We are writing to you about your cashback claim, as we have now had a response from the retailer.

Unfortunately they have declined your claim advising us that Quidco have not been recognised as the referrer for this purchase.

This could happen if you used a search engine, comparison site or voucher code site or if you had multiple browser tabs open when purchasing.

I've made none of the mistakes listed. I've used Quidco for thousands of transactions over the years, and I always pay particular attention to not make mistakes on these larger cashback transactions. I've simply gone to Quidco, looked at the Plusnet offer, and clicked through to order my broadband. Quidco at the time said ''we recorded your visit and opened Plusnet in another window''.

They know when I clicked through (when I clicked on 'raise a cashback claim', it popped up as the first option without me even having to type anything), and Plusnet know when I placed the order, so it's pretty frustrating to have it declined. I've not used any codes or other cashback offers.

Cheers,

Wo0x.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @wo0x 

Sorry to see you're having issues with claiming cashback.

I've checked the affiliate tracker which draws the information from the affiliate system we use when approving cashback requests from Quidco (And also TopCashback) and unfortunately your account isn't showing on that system.

This means that it hasn't been attributed to a cashback deal via Quidco. The most common cause for this is down to the cookies on the device/web browser you've been using at the time of going through the ordering process.

For example if you have several tabs or windows open at the same time, or if you don't clear cookies from your web browser before starting the process, this can mean that the last cookie isn't Quidco's and the sale doesn't track correctly. It's probably worth noting that pop-up blockers can also block cookies.

I'm afraid as this is the case there's not much we can do as there isn't anything for us to approve on the affiliate system.

Apologies for the disappointment caused.

[edit]

To add additional information, if you've carried out all of the above steps can you PM me a screenshot showing the declined claim via Quidco and I'd be happy to see if we can investigate further with our marketing team.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
wo0x
Grafter

Hi, Gandalf.

I'll send you the screenshot, as I'm confident I've done nothing wrong with the Quidco steps. As I've said previously, I always take extra care to not to make any mistakes with larger sums. That said, I've never had any issues when taking less care with numerous smaller sums at other retailers.

I should add, you say my account isn't showing on your systems - any account that may be linked to my forum profile is likely incorrect. I created this forum profile several years ago when I first joined Plusnet. When I joined this year, it wouldn't let me use my original account name so I added a '2' to it.

Cheers,

Wo0x.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @wo0x Thanks for getting back to me.

I'll send you the screenshot, as I'm confident I've done nothing wrong with the Quidco steps. As I've said previously, I always take extra care to not to make any mistakes with larger sums. That said, I've never had any issues when taking less care with numerous smaller sums at other retailers.

No problem, I'll be happy to investigate further once you've PM'd me that.

I should add, you say my account isn't showing on your systems - any account that may be linked to my forum profile is likely incorrect. I created this forum profile several years ago when I first joined Plusnet. When I joined this year, it wouldn't let me use my original account name so I added a '2' to it.

Sorry for any confusion, it's your account isn't showing in the affiliate system. I've got your account on our CRM portal using your email address.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
wo0x
Grafter

Thank you. I have to say I'm impressed with the standard of the customer service on these forums. It's as good as I remember, and better than I've experienced elsewhere, regardless of the outcome.

Cheers,

Wo0x.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix
Cheers for the kind words, no problem. We’re always happy to help in any way we can Smiley
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet