cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quidco Cashback Declined Whilst Waiting For Service To Be Installed

cooldude50
Rising Star

Quidco Cashback Declined Whilst Waiting For Service To Be Installed

Before I visited quidco ,cookies were cleared, order was started and completed fully/wholly online - full 12 months line rental, plus 49.99 new line connection fee and 6.99 router delivery charge was paid in full during online order by credit card

Order duly tracked via Quidco -Subsequently declined on 26th May - Quidco username [Removed] - Very long established Quidco member and seasoned cashbacker, so much so well known on cashback site forms as cashbacklover with wise owl avatar

19 May 16

Plusnet

Declined

More info

19 May 16

PLUSNET PLC 0845 14002

20 May 16

I  have never been a plusnet customer before, I moved to current address where plusnet service is to be installed on 23rd May. prior to that at previous address, owner of property had plusnet service, that plusnet service was in operation prior to me residing there, i did pay last three months by direct debit so that it got paid on time, i was not the customer and that direct debit was cancelled on 17th May to stop a new debit coming out on 18th May due to me moving

After order was fully completed and paid for for 12 months online,. i received email May 19 at 12:20 PM from plusnet clearly stating in subject that the order completion date was estimated "Home Phone - estimated order completion date"

"If you need to re-arrange this appointment for any reason, please call us on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200 and choose order update

I sent a support message asking if there was any possibility of an earlier installation date even if at short notice as talk talk had said they could install earlier. i got a response confirming what the date was so i phoned up and was offered a installation date a week earlier which i accepted - the email i received quoted above invited me to phone re installation date after I had fully ordered and paid for the order wholly online.

I am currently unable to lodge a declined claim via quidco as dont have account number yet

2nd June engineer coming to install new line as other unrelated occupier has talk talk service

I chose Plusnet against Talk Talk due to 110.00 Quidco cashback offer, not a gd start to what could have been a long relationship having to chase up/pursue incentive offer

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum to an area that staff can see.

36 REPLIES 36
jfraser
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Quidco Cashback Declined Whilst Waiting For Service To Be Installed

I have recently had EXACTLY the same issue.

Plusnet are so sneaky.  They offer massive cashback deals on Quidco, but when you click the link and are redirected to Plusnet, Plusnet then adds their own lower value cashback offer and rejects the Quidco one.

Such false advertising, and incredibly sneaky of Plusnet.  I'm cancelling my contract and going with Virgin.

Good luck, but they won't offer you any help.

Here's a link to mine:

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Plusnet-Cashback-DECLINED-ADSL-Quidco/td-p/1338121

cooldude50
Rising Star

Can I be informed please by Plusnet of the reason for my Quidco Cashback decline

cooldude50
Rising Star

For the benefit of Plusnet forum discussion threads regarding this subject this is the declined cashback claim information  I have today submitted to Quidco  re  110.00 Cashback to be paid by Plusnet

Quidco/Plusnet Link stated and still states "ADSL Sales" 

Quidco T+C states

"New customers must register and make a purchase via Quidco in the same session to qualify for new customer cashback"

"Cashback will not be paid in conjunction with any other offer, voucher or discount code unless listed on this page, or with any other discounts such as staff or student discounts"

Plusnet on site 50.00 cashback offer which I have a screen shot of including Q+A did not state that offer cant be used in conjunction with any other offer.

Quidco/Plusnet - Reviews -

23 March 2016

My Best Ever Cashback in 7 years!

I received £110 Confirmed Cashback from Quidco after 8 weeks from activation (Tracked straight away) and £50 Cashback from Plusnet within 6 weeks of activation. Broadband has been excellent so far, faster then my previous supplier. Been... More

05 January 2016

Excellent Cash Back Offer

Tracked within minutes of my order with Plusnet, and received cash back payment within 2 months. Broadband service is average but that also came with a 50 pound chq from plusnet. No issues... More

15 September 2015

excellent

Signed up as a new broadband customer with no problems, I received £60 cashback from Quidco promptly plus another £50 cashback from Plusnet.

I made decision to take out telephone/broadband service/new line connection via Plusnet after considering all of the above together with what T.T incentives were offering at the time both via a cashback site and on T.T site as Quidco/T/T reviews indcated that people had received both Quido cashback and T.T on site L.T.S voucher incentive

I am one of many who only needs a telephone line for Internet thus after considering all of the above removed anytime minutes 6.00 monthly - 72.00 annual cost, again after considering all of the above I changed monthly line rental cost to annual up front payment

Transaction was started and completed fully online - it is apparent that when I made payment upfront/in advance for 12 Months by credit card "ADSL sale" was completed

Subsequent email received stated date for new line 9th June with the word "provisional" in email subject heading, within the email was invitation to phone re date for new line, I therefore phoned to seek both a definite date for new line installation and asked if it was possible to have an earlier installation date, i was offered 2nd June AM or PM, Contractor who came to do the job on 2nd June bemoaned low number of jobs he had for the day - only 4, which shows earlier installation date could and should have been offered via online ordering

It is inconceivable that as evidenced by various Quidco/Plusnet reviews Quidco linked to Plusnet 50.00 on site offer page during September 2015, February 2016 and March 2016. went to a non 50.00 landing page on 19th May when the 50.00 offer was live  and then last 4 days of the then current campaign reverted back to 50.00 offer page.

Quidco link went to Plusnet on site 50.00 cashback offer throughout the offer period in question I did not select Plusnet on site 50.00 cashback offer when I ordered Plusnet service via Quidco on 19th May

Forum responses on behalf of Plusnet regarding this were not truthful in any way shape or form

The 50.00 Plusnet cashback offer that I am speaking of ended on 31 May 2016, after this date Plusnet page was changed to reflect no 50.00 on site offer, both Quidco and non Quidco links thus landed on non 50.00 cashback offer page after 31 May 2016.

Forum response regarding this on behalf of Plusnet were not truthful in any way shape or form

In view of combination of above together with content various Plusnet forum responses re honouring both offers it is a reasonable expectation of mine and I hope Plusnet agree that I receive a minimum of both Quidco 110.00 cashback and Plusnet on site advertised cashback

I also communicated today with Plusnet Chief Executive ( A.B) drawing attention to other Plusnet forum thread - Quidco cashback declined by Plusnet  with a seperate concern and that concern specifically relates to a word beginning with "L"

jfraser
Rising Star

Excellent post.  I'm waiting to hear back from Quidco about my claim too.

If they response telling me Plusnet has refused to honour the Quidco cashback offer, I'm more than happy to proceed to Small Claims Court and add damages for the time I have wasted chasing this up.  No chance they'll doctor their evidence and risk perjuring themselves in a court of law.

Plusnet's resistance to do the right thing is incomprehensible.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@cooldude50 @jfraser

I am sorry you feel the information provided on the forum has not been truthful, however the information I have provided over in the other thread is, to my knowledge, accurate. I chased up the matter with our marketing team as advised, and relayed the response given to me after they had checked their records.

While I appreciate that you are both frustrated with the situation, our marketing team did advise me that the erroneous landing page was only in place between Friday 27/05/16 and Tuesday 31/05/16 which is what they found after investigating this matter for us.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jfraser
Rising Star

I accept that you as an individual are being truthful (you're just relaying messages), as are we.  But someone on your end isn't.

What are the odds of several customers describing an event occurring to them, which your marketing team later acknowledged was exactly as we described it and quickly corrects it, but that we somehow we are mistaken - we didn't actually fall victim to this acknowledged error..

The page we described being redirected to no longer exists, as a result the us bringing this to your attention.  We wouldn't have know about it to report it to you if it didn't exist (or happen to us) on the dates we contend.

How would be know about the erroneous redirect if it wasn't in place until after we signed up?

It simply doesn't add up, and I think deep down you must know it too.  You aren't in charge of the purse strings, fair enough.  But someone is, and eventually it will be escalated to that department, either by Quidco, or small claims.

jfraser
Rising Star

Here's another one!

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Quidco-Plusnet-Cashback-DECLINED-ADSL/td-p/1340718

This user opened his account on the same date as me, May 22, which is 5 days earlier than Plusnet admit to owning this issue.

We're all making it up, though, right Plusnet?

cooldude50
Rising Star

Telephone call yesterday in response to me emailed letter to CEO - "Internal" record speaks for itself

Hello .....

Account username: ........

We can't answer Question 1.......... at the moment.

We've placed it on hold until Wednesday 8th June 2016. Please see the comment shown below for more information.

***INTERNAL***

Holding to deadlock.

This Question is now on hold until Wednesday 8th June at 7:00am.
Kind regards

Awaiting letter from Plusnet stating that is their final position and deadlock code, I will then escalate complaint to CISAS

I notice looking at TCB reviews sorted by newest date first that several had high Plusnet tracking values reduced down to 30.00+ ish, its as if Plusnet are looking at order values and deciding how much cashback they are going to pay out/not pay out as the case may be, this would answer as to why some got both Quidco 110.00 and Plusnet 50.00 on site cashback offer.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Not entirely sure what you mean by:

@cooldude50 wrote:

We can't answer Question 1.......... at the moment.

The ticket says:

Quote from ticket:

unfortunately we are not able to offer the Quidco £110 cashback deal as your account has been signed up to a £50 Plusnet cashback deal.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
cooldude50
Rising Star

I have had several email replies, I quoted one of them in earlier post.

Since my earlier post I have received emailed letter which contained a deadlock code stating a offer code was used, I will ifirstly take the matter to CISAS

cooldude50
Rising Star

I imagined that all the Quidco/Plusnet review declines would be under 1 star, surprising number are under 3 star as well as 2 star.

As I have mentioned to Plusnet, Trust Pilot tends to be the review site most useful to a company to post on.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.plus.net

jfraser
Rising Star

I've just been in touch with Quidco support, and they indicated that they're waiting on a response to my claim from Plusnet.  They also said it could take up to 5 MONTHS!!  Crazy!

I told Quidco that I wouldn't wait longer than a week for a response from Plusnet, and if there hasn't been any contact from Plusnet to Quidco, either accepting or denying my claim, I too will gather all my evidence and submit a complaint to CISAS and await their instructions.  

If CISAS suggest to me that I have a solid case to make in Small Claims Court, that's precisely how I'll proceed.

Please keep us updated with the progress you make with CISAS.  Has your Quidco claim been rejected, or is the claim still processing?

cooldude50
Rising Star

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?s=7db6c83e2475fd45d76241d397f0c07a&t=3282000&page... - Post 3012 in reply to post 3011

I will wait and see how Quidco get on ( I shant wait 5 months though), then search every inch of the internet ( seemingly I wont need to look far) to evidence to CISAS.both that when it comes to customer satisfaction/complaints Plusnet are on an apparent race to the bottom and cannot be trusted to honour high value cashback offers via cashback sites

This is another alternative if no positive outcome from CISA

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

I havent claimed the 50.00 on the basis of "deadlock", will claim all in one go if necessary

If Plusnet Cashback decline customers all posted on Trust Pilot - rating would be -10 by now.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

cooldude50 wrote:

Trust Pilot tends to be the review site most useful to a company to post on.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.plus.net

Although I do appreciate our scores on Trustpilot are low, people tend to be quick to post publicly or vent their frustrations when things go wrong, but not so often/quick when things go just as they should (Or better).

In the past we did post responding to each Trustpilot review individually, however it's difficult to actually deal with issues over that platform. Which is why we now direct people to our support channels so we can help them.

EDIT:

@jfraser I don't believe CISAS would give advice to raise a case through small claims court. We use CISAS for ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution) if a complaint can't be dealt with after going through our complaints process as per our Complaints Code of Practice.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet