cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quidco £70.00 cashback declined

richevans1976

Quidco £70.00 cashback declined

Hi,

I'm currently a little frustrated but hopeful you will be able to resolve my issue.

I recently (Fri 30 Mar, 15:51) moved away from Sky TV & Broadband, after 15 years, to become a PlusNet customer. I am a keen user of Quidco and have received over 1k cashback. I always check Quidco first before purchasing a new product. A potential move away from Sky would involve me purchasing a new PVR to keep the family. The Plusnet Quidco £75 cashback offer was to assist with the cost of this, so I felt now is the time to move.

When the cashback did not track I got in touch with Plusnet (ref:174582179 Mon 14 May) and was advised to put in a 'My cashback has not tracked' claim, which I did and has now been declined. Quidco are not able to take the matter further and have given me a £5 Customer Service Goodwill.

The Quidco system clearly shows that I clicked the link as they have the dates in which I did it, and they were selectable when entering the claim.

I really unhappy with this and do want my Plusnet cashback of which £70 is outstanding.

I look forward to your response.

Richard

7 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 12

Re: Quidco £70.00 cashback declined

Hi Richard.

I have raised a ticket on your account here. Please can you send us a screenshot of your Quidco page to this ticket and I will get it escalated to our marketing team for you.

Dean R
 Plusnet Staff
richevans1976

Many thanks for getting back to me. Please see my screenshot attached.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 17

Thanks for getting back to us @richevans1976. I've raised this to our marketing team for further investigation now and we're currently awaiting a response back from them, but once we receive an update we'll make sure to let you know as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
richevans1976

Hi, I would be grateful if you could come back to me on this matter.

I followed the cashback link from the QuidCo site and made the contract with Plusnet specifically on the back of the cashback offered.

Many thanks,

Richard

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 12

Hi there Richard.

I can see that our marketing team have updated your ticket for you today.

Dean R
 Plusnet Staff
richevans1976

Hi, 

I have read the response from your marketing department and they have advised me to get in contact with QuidCo. I have already done this and they have told me to speak to you. I only took out this contract based on the QuidCo offer. When I did the QuidCo claim it showed that I have visited your site, via QuidCo at the time... Therefore it is conclusive that I followed the process. I have provided them with the details regarding the contract I have set-up and they say that you have declined this. It is therefore for you to resolve, either by getting in touch with QuidCo on my behalf or to issue me directly with the cashback. Either is fine with me.  I am not prepared to let this go and will continue to post comments until this is resolved. You're a big company, please follow through. The fact that a tracker cookie did not track is not something that I can be responsible for or can you prove that. I have provided the details and you can see that I purchase a PlusNet contract (I am a customer) and QuidCo can see that I used there site as part of this transaction. I see no reason why I should not be paid the cashback.  Please honour this.

Thank you,

Richard

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 461

Hi Richard.

I'm sorry to hear your Quidco cashback has been declined.

Unfortunately as your order didn't track as an affiliate sale, this means that there's no account created on the affiliate systems we use, so we can't validate something which isn't essentially there.

The most common reason is that this may be due to a cookie attribution error. This happens if the last cookie on the device you're using isn't Quidco's before you confirm the order on the affiliate website.

This normally happens due to your browsing habits. For example if you have several tabs or windows open at the same time on the device you're using, or if you don't clear cookies from your web browser before starting the signup process.

Ad-blockers can also block cookies from being stored on the device you're wanting to make a purchase from.

That said, as a gesture of goodwill based on what you've said and what I can see I've decided to honour this by refunding the £70 via your direct debit instead.

You should see it in your bank or building society account within 10 working days.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team