cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Grumble re: extra bw allowance

reetpetite
Grafter

Quick Grumble re: extra bw allowance

Hi there, I ran short this month so I purchased an extra 5gb for £5. Fair play, we have a contract and I was happy to pay extra for more since I splurged all my monthly allowance so fast ..
However, I think that when you purchase additional usage, for what are hefty fees, that should roll over on to your next billing cycle if that so happens to come before you have used it all.
I don't think its fair for me to pay, say, an extra £5 for 5gb then only get through 1gb of that before my meter is reset for the next month etc.
If you are not going to carry over unused additional allowance, then you should maybe charge a 'access until you next billing period' fee rather than a fee for a fixed good ie 5gb. No?
Whatever, its only a fiver but I think that its a little off s'all.
6 REPLIES 6
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Quick Grumble re: extra bw allowance

Hmm, see what you're saying. In all honesty though I suspect it'd be more cost effective all round for you to move to Unlimited?
Re the carrying over usage suggestion, it's certainly been mentioned before - I'll pass it on again (FWIW I agree with you) but I'm not sure anything will be done around that, not least because we do now offer an unlimited account type.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

then you should maybe charge a 'access until you next billing period' fee
There is, sort of, you set the maximum spend to £0. You will still get internet access, albeit at a reduced speed, until your next billing date.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

inhost
Grafter

Notice how the PN reply fails to point out that you will be tied in to a new 18 month contract if you go unlimited..
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It wasn't mentioned, as that's not the case on ADSL.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
reetpetite
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
It wasn't mentioned, as that's not the case on ADSL.

Really? Thats the only reason I haven't already changed my package. If thats true, you are saying I could change from the old Extra package I am on to Unlimted for no additional fee and no new literal or implied contract tie in?
If so, I will.  Grin
Also thanks Matt as ever. The reason I have stayed with Plusnet is because I know that if I have an issue you will deal with it through this forum. No 0845 number to some poor guy who has spoken to 50 people already today and doesnt care etc.
Having access to you guys and you guys having the actual ability to deal with customer issues feels like a business/premium service level and blows away the competition imho. So oh-seven 2 ur t00nie.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

You can choose contracted or non-contracted during the account change process, the prices for each are shown during the account change journey.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.