cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions on Fibre product

Andy49
Dabbler

Questions on Fibre product

I wonder if someone from Plusnet could answer these definitively before I take the plunge and go fibre:
I currently have unlimited bb along with line rental saver, which gives me eve + w/e calls included.
I'm looking at Unlimited Fibre (broadband & calls) and see from the product information page, in the small print, that LRS with this product does not include any inclusive calls so would I lose the eve + w/e calls I currently get if I used LRS with this product?
I have several legacy add ons with my current product, webspace, free voip 240 mins/month, extra free domain (following Plusnet hack way back), LRS with eve + w/e calls, etc, would I keep all these if changing to fibre?
Could I change back to my current product without penalty with all its extras if I wanted to? Thanks.....
Andy
7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Questions on Fibre product

Hi Andy49,
I'm looking at Unlimited Fibre (broadband & calls) and see from the product information page, in the small print, that LRS with this product does not include any inclusive calls so would I lose the eve + w/e calls I currently get if I used LRS with this product?

Yes, any call packages are charged separately to LRS. So you can take Evenings and Weekends, that would be charged at £2.00 per month.
Could I change back to my current product without penalty with all its extras if I wanted to? Thanks.....

Not really to be honest as fibre accounts are contracted so I'd make sure it's the right choice for you before going ahead.
I have several legacy add ons with my current product, webspace, free voip 240 mins/month, extra free domain (following Plusnet hack way back), LRS with eve + w/e calls, etc, would I keep all these if changing to fibre?

Yes, the phone package would be billed for in the way I've already mentioned and we can keep the other features. Might be an idea to PM me when you've requested the upgrade so I can make sure that goes to plan for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Andy49
Dabbler

Hi Adam,
Thanks for your quick reply, good to hear I can keep my legacy add ons but not so happy about the loss of eve + w/e calls. The current offering of fibre unlimited includes these calls and it does seem a little unfair that Plusnet is offering this to new customers and at a reduced price for 6 months while long standing customers lose out. Do I have that right?
I've just tried the product change process but not completed it and discovered I was given the option to keep my current eve +w/e calls @ £0.00 subject to an 18 month contract so I'm a bit confused now can you clarify??.......
Andy
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

It has been previously stated that if you renew your LRS which included evening and weekend calls you would keep them - I don't see where this is any different - I will try to dig out the reference
Found this one
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,117014.msg1011955.html#msg1011955
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Andy, As Jim said it depends on your LRS package and when you took it out ( or actually when your phone moved to PN and you had the option for LRS ).
There's a better reference to the various LRS packages here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,130455.0.html , look particularly at replies #10 and #12.
Hope that helps

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Andy49
Dabbler

Thanks Oldjim & MisterW,
I took a look at your references and it does look like I get to keep the inclusive calls. I've used LRS for 2 or 3 years, so I should be safe......I think  Undecided .......
It does kind of go against what Adam said in his reply and as he also said it's best to make sure this is the right product for me before I leap, as I can't go back I hope he will be able to clarify the situation and put it in black and white. Why is such an easy change so complicated and unclear?
It really annoys me when I see offers for new customers but nothing for us "lifers" I'm looking around at other providers where I can be a "new customer" and realise I'm paying way over the odds for my current product with Plusnet and still will be even if I change to Plusnet fibre  Sad
Andy
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Ring customer retentions / cancellations and you should get a good deal

0800 013 2632
    0330 123 9197
    Monday to Friday: 9.00am - 8.00pm (Except Bank Holidays)
    Saturday: 9.00am - 5.30pm
Andy49
Dabbler

Hi Oldjim,
Now that sounds like a plan  Wink
I think it's a pity you have to haggle about everything these days!! Loyalty is way out of fashion.
Andy