Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question

brendajorsler
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Question

I want to send a complaint but I have 4 open 'questions' How do I delete an answered question in order to send another one please.

My question:

I have not been able to get a satisfactory answer to my question regarding my phone bill. I was asked to pay £25 on the 12th October as I was told I was nearing my 'credit limit'. This had never happened before and was mobile call to my husband who was dying in hospital. I was told that it would all be adjusted on my next bill 3 days later on the 15th October. I have had a couple of incorrect bills recently and Plusnet has now refunded these errors. I thought that I should check my bills to see if any more errors had been made. I couldn't see anywhere where an adjustment had been made for the £25 payment that I made to Plusnet on 12th Oct. I have now been told that the £25 that I paid is just KEPT by Plusnet and that I won't get anything for the £25 that I paid. I am not usually in the habit of handing over money and receiving nothing in return as I am sure no sensible person would.. I have looked on the information page on the subject and NOWHERE does it state that Plusnet takes money from customers and gives them NOTHING in return. I would like to know what I actually bought from Plusnet for £25 on12th October please. My bills for 2/3 months were around £80 - £100 each month to one mobile number and it would have been nice to have been informed that there was a call plan that included making calls to mobiles. I could have saved a couple of hundred pounds. It will never happen again as I have now included mobile numbers to my call plan and my husband died, so I will not be calling his mobile phone. I just want to know what I bought with the £25 that I paid to Plusnet please.

6 REPLIES 6
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Question

You can mark any open question as closed. Just goto the list of open questions , click on one and then there should be an option to mark it as closed.

IIRC you can have more than 4 open questions BUT you can only see 4 (bad computer programing there)

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
brendajorsler
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Thank you   I couldn't see that option. All I saw was if you wanted to add something.  The site is down now. 

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Sorry to hear about your loss.

I hope you can get this sorted.

edit as I hit the wrong button

SpendLessTime wrote: (snipped) IIRC you can have more than 4 open questions BUT you can only see 4 (bad computer programing there)

I'm not sure if you're referring to the same page as what I'm thinking of, but you can view more if you need to. There is a setting for the last 7 days and also you can select a date range that also brings up open and closed questions (tickets) too.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@DS

No there is an issue with OPEN questions and the ability to see them all when you have more than 4 open at any time.

This is a recent thread about this issue

https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/Open-questions/m-p/1391637

Also this discussion explains more about why you could not see a close button on the open questions (you cannot close questions created by Plusnet)  https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Am-I-being-stupid-how-do-I-close-a-question/td-p/7863...  (old post but the Plusnet system is still the same)

edit to add also and clarify it

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I believe you can only close questions if you created them yourself, questions created by Plusnet can only be closed by Plusnet.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Ah, yes, you're right about open questions (and tbh I thought you were right anyway). MauriceC pretty well much describes mine in message #4. Due to the large amount generated by PN on my account, that actually didn't need to be imho, made me kinda believe multiples could be open at any one time, but having checked this now, some are classed as service notices.

I've never used the help assistant to open questions myself as none of the pre selected pointers have ever been relevant to my issues (ie. I don't need a VAT receipt) and therefore I call them instead - but then they open a ticket up for each and every call!!Crazy2 Even one of the reps I spoke too, after I mentioned the incredible amount of notes/questions on my account thus far, and she said I know what you mean, but this call will also open one too - seems daft to me, but hey ho.

Some of mine (opened by PN) have been put on hold (by PN) for around 2 weeks at a time (by PN), therefore I thought that more than 4 questions could be active at any one time. Some then close automatically due to lack of attention from PN.

As an example, one created by PN (8:36pm, Tuesday 3 Jan 2017) states This Question is now on hold until Wednesday 22nd February at 7:00am.  However my reply (4:40pm, Saturday 11 Feb 2017) which I actually wrote has been edited by PN to include another sentence!! Ignoring the fact that my reply isn't mine alone, I was trying to explain to them that they have multiples open for the same issue - the issue is causing some distress and random emails have caused this. (no need to read about it, but it's here as proof)

As I pointed out a few moments a go, I've never actually opened one myself, i though It was the norm for PN to be the ones to close them down, or in my case allow them to lapse and thus auto close.

Also, they have made me reluctant to even answer some they opened because of their last sentence - Please only add further comments when absolutely necessary which puts me off trying to correct their open tickets.