Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about your cashback?

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Question about your cashback?

We've seen a increase in people contacting us who've signed up through sites like Quidco and Top Cashback and are chasing the payment of their cashback, or wondering why their claim hasn't been tracked (or has been tracked at the wrong amount).
Before posting in these forums or contacting our support centre, please take a few minutes to read the following.
I have a question about my cashback?
First things first ...

• Your Plusnet account needs to be active and the service up and running
  • Tracking can take a few weeks. If your order hasn't tracked, please allow at least a fortnight before contacting the cashback provider.
  • Whilst in most cases it's a lot quicker, it can take up to 60 days from the date of tracking before your cash is paid to you. Please allow at least 30 days before you approach either us or the cashback provider.

I've already allowed sufficient time for my cashback to be tracked/paid?
If you've allowed sufficient time and are still awaiting tracking/payment of your cashback then you should contact the cashback provider in the first instance.
NB: You may be asked for a service ID or account reference when you are filling out the required forms which can be found on your bill <a href="https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=view_transactions&s=0">here</a>. You will need to remove the first 0 from the service ID when providing this to the cashback site.
If you've already done this and been pointed in our direction then please contact our support team making sure you include:

• The date you signed up
  • The name of the cashback provider
  • The response you received when you contacted them
  • The value of the cashback and a brief description of the problem

Other things to consider
You can see the Quidco terms here.
In particular:

• Cashback is only paid on contract sales, rolling contracts are not included.
  • If you enter a referral during signup your cashback will be cancelled.
  • Sales made through Quidco will receive the cashback offered, but will not be eligible for the Plusnet referral system.
  • Cashback will only be awarded to transactions completed online.

80% paid within 60 days
12% paid between 60 to 90 days
8% paid between 90 to 180 days

You can see the Top Cashback terms here.
In particular:

• Please Note: You will not be eligible for cashback if you enter the name of a plusnet user who has recommended you.
  • Plusnet Broadband cashback is available through Top CashBack on genuine, tracked transactions completed immediately and wholly online.

Expect transactions for this retailer to appear the following day, but can be a few weeks in some cases. Transactions are usually confirmed within a month. They should become payable 30 - 60 days after the event date, unless otherwise indicated on the Avg Payment Speed statistics above.
16 REPLIES 16
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Question about your cashback?

mod:note
Sticked for visibility
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If you signed up directly through Plusnet the cashback process is shown below:

- When your first service (broadband or phone) goes actives this triggers an email which will be sent to you within a couple of week of this date. This email is sent to the contact email address on your account at the point you signed up.
- You must click on the link in the email within 2 months of receiving it to claim your cashback/evoucher.
- Once you've clicked the link you should recieve a confirmation screen advising your claim was successful.
- Within 30 days of clicking this link you should receive your cashback cheque/evoucher, to the name and address listed on your account
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
AlexD
Rising Star

Morning Everyone.
Just an update on our Cashback offers and the process to redeem it. I appreciate some customers have experienced a delay receiving the cheque/voucher and this could be for a variety of reasons.
New Customer Signup:
• Signed up online/phone – Email within 10 working days of broadband activating.
• Once redeemed, cheque/email containing voucher code received within 30days.
Existing Customer Re-contract:
• Re-contracted for Cash after 28.01.15 – Automatically received within 60 days.
• Re-contracted for the voucher offer, - Email sent within 10 days of the new contract activating. Follow the directions on the email and you will receive within 30days.
Any redemption emails are only valid for 90 days. Should you not claim the Cashback in that time, the cash/voucher cannot be processed.
Any retention Cashback offered before 28.01.15 needs to be claimed via email.
If you have still not received the email/cheque/voucher and that time frame has passed, please contact us so that we can chase this with our Marketing Team and supplier to get this to you a.s.a.p.
A small portion of new and existing customers have experienced complications receiving the Cashback and I can assure you that we are working to resolve this as quickly as possible.
Any questions regarding the Amazon voucher code you have received– Please contact www.amazon.co.uk
If you signed up through a third party (e.g: Utility Warehouse) and the Cashback code has not been applied – this needs to be taken up by the third party as no request for Cashback/voucher will have been received by Plusnet.
Thanks for your patience and co-operation guys.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex D
 Plusnet Help Team
CarlyLanky140

Hi. I signed up directly and am still waiting for an email containing the link.  How do I chase this?

Thanks

Chris
Legend

I'm afraid that when you signed up we didn't have a cashback offer on our website.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
CarlyLanky140

Martin's money indicated that I would get £50 cashback if I signed up by the day after I signed up!
Chris
Legend

I'm afraid the cashback offer directly on our site ended the day before you signed up. It's possible that the offer was through an affiliate site, however if you signed up directly at our side this would have shown no cashback offer at the time.

CarlyLanky140

Money saving expert indicated the offer ran until 15/4/16 and I signed up on 13/4/16.

I have also contacted them.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I've checked our list of past offers and the £50 cashback offer in March/April ran from 30/03/16 to 12/04/16.

Can you let us know what MSE respond with please.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
CarlyLanky140

They confirmed the same. I was sure I had read the terms carefully and that the offer still stood, clearly I am mistaken. The offer was definitely still being advertised at the time I ordered.
vix100

I have had no email to claim cash back from my sign up through MSE.  They tell me it is your cash back, and they cannot help me.  I have 'raised a question', through your Chat option, but have had just had two replies asking me to wait a couple of weeks for a response.  I have also asked elsewhere on this forum, and not yet had a reply. As a new customer this isn't a very promising introduction to your customer service. Please could you tell me what's happened to my promised cash back.  Thank you.

boblau

I applied for an online account last Friday and today my cashback was declined on quidco.

Could it be due to the below problem?
There was a problem with your website and it somehow gave me a new telephone number instead of using my existing BT one.

I had to call your sales team to change the order so it used my existing BT number instead of getting a new one. She said she had to cancel the phone order and place again.

If this is the case then Im sorry this is an issue on your side.

Please let me know and if this cannot be done and confirmed that the cashback is ok in the next 24hrs then i will simply cancel the services as it has not even started yet.

Details:

• The date you signed up:  04/08/2016
  • The name of the cashback provider: Quidco
  • The response you received when you contacted them:  waiting to hear from Plusnet
  • The value of the cashback and a brief description of the problem: £135

Thanks

jfraser
Rising Star

@boblau

There are a few threads floating around concerning Quidco/Plusnet cashback conflicts/rejections.

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Plusnet-Cashback-DECLINED-ADSL-Quidco/td-p/1338121

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Quidco-Cashback-Declined-Whilst-Waiting-For-Service...

Read through them and you'll know how to proceed.

deesee

Thanks for the information. I have posted about my problem on the MSE forums and will start a thread to explain here.