cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about upgrade

tjd
Grafter

Question about upgrade

Hi, been with PlusNet since April 09 and think it's about time to upgrade to the Plusnet Extra Fibre package.
Just wondering about the £25 activation fee though. Currently we have BT line rental (not sure of price, billed quarterly also.)
How would I go about not having to pay the fee? I know it sounds a bit tight-fisted but obviously if it's avoidable then why pay it! Smiley
Another quick question would be if the line rental from PlusNet works out the same or equal to BT - If so how hard would it be to get it swapped over, as I'd assume this is classed as a home phone product and would waive the fee.
Thanks for your time and sorry for the hassle.

Edit: Also could someone please check if I'm inside or outside the low cost area? Thanks again.
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Question about upgrade

Hi there,
You are indeed in a low cost area (market 3). The only way to not incurr a fee for the fibre install would be to take a phone package and stay with us on both packages for at least 12 months.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tjd
Grafter

Got an error message saying engineer appointment failed.
Would be great to get one before the 15th which is our next billing date.
Ty to whoever sorts this out.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

A member of our provisioning team will pick that up ASAP for you. Hope that gets sorted soon Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tjd
Grafter

Still no update Sad  Any chance of giving the people who are in charge of this matter a poke before remaining appointments are taken by other people?
Thanks again.